Chapter 10 - Azog and Cliffs

Immediately, everyone booked it. Vanáezae was practically flying over the rocks. No way was she going to be the next chew toy for a warg. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the wargs beginning to catch up. And warg jumped from a ledge and in front of Bilbo, he stopped dead. The warg charged at Bilbo who pulled out his sword. It was too late for the warg to stop as it impaled itself in the small sword. Next to him Nori swung his behind him and hit a warg that was chasing him.

A warg suddenly jumped on Vanáezae, making her fall onto her back. It snarled, showing its teeth. She could smell its ransid breath from where she was. Just as it was about to snack on her, it howled in pain as a sword went into its side. Vanáezae rolled out from under it and looked at Kili, who had saved her. Kili helped her up and smiled slightly. She gave him a small smile in return. They kept on running till they ran into a cliff. Not good!

"Up into the trees!" Gandalf commanded. "All of you, climb! Bilbo, climb!"

Bifur chucked a rock at an oncoming warg. It stumbled and tripped, skidding on the ground. Vanáezae however, was already climbing a tree. Just above her was Gandalf who reached the top. The wargs continued to run and they soon caught up with the company, attacked the trees, trying to get them.

Gandalf used his staff to reach a moth sitting on a branch. He began wispering to it and then he let it go. It was the moth that was going to bring the eagles. The wargs suddenly stopped barking and snarling. A white orc and a white warg were walking towards them. They stopped on a small ledge.

"Azog," Thorin breathed.

It was obvious he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Azog smiled cruelly.

"Nuzdigid? Nuzdi gast," Azog said in black speech. "Ganzilig-i unarug obod nauzdanish. Torin undag Train-ob."

"It cannot be," Thorin whispered.

Everyone looked to Thorin in worry, hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid.

"Kod. Worori-da!" Azog yelled.

All wargs charged forward, each wanting someone from the company as a snack. They jumped at the trees taking off branches as they did. One jumped near Vanáezae and she kicked it in the face.

"Sho gad adol," Azog said.

One by one the trees began falling down due to the weight of the wargs. One by one, the dwarves kept jumping from tree to tree until they were all on the last tree, Vanáezae's tree, which was next to the cliff.

"You okay?" Vanáezae called to Vanadessë, who ended up below her.

Vanadessë nodded in responce. Gandalf looked around and pulled a pinecone from the tree. He set it on fire and threw it down to the wargs below. He lit two more and tossed them down. Some dwarves shared theirs and lit another's pine cone before throwing them at the wargs below. One was struck in the face and another had to run away, it's coat catching on fire. The rest of the pack retreated away from the fire. It was going good until the tree began to tip. Vanáezae immediately grabbed the trunk beside her, stabling herself. Everyone was yelling in fright and minding their own business trying to save their own skins so they didn't see Vanadessë slip and fall.

"Vanadessë!" Vanáezae screamed, reaching out. "No!"

"Vanadessë!" Thorin yelled.

He too reached out, but didn't catch her. She fell into the darkness that was now below them. Vanáezae's eyes began to water. Her friend was gone, just like that.

Bofur too slipped and grabbed Dori's feet. Vanáezae grabbed Kili's hand and helped him to a branch. Thorin looked up from the cliff and to Azog, anger in his eyes.