Lilia's Journey - Disclaimer and Prologue

I do not own anything you recognise as J.R.R. Tolkien's works. The only thing I own so far is Lilia/Vanáezae, Elwyn and Aurye. And for those of you coming here from my last book, I have completely cut my ties with that book. It just ends there, so this is a new book.

That trailer is on the side and was made by my friend Harmony_Owl.

Edited!

*********

Lilia Jones was her name. Green eyes, brown hair, average height. But nowhere near average for her likings. You see, Lilia could shape shift. Her three shapes included a dragon, a large black wolf, and a fiery phoenix. And now she had elf ears. One thing she still found strange. She was a touch-telepath. Meaning she could only talk to another person's mind when she is touching them. Lilia can also heal people, mostly only small wounds. Like cuts, scrapes, bruises, and at most a broken bone. Although it took a lot of energy from her.

Yesterday Lilia would have said that fantasy world's and all other magical places were not real. But since she was visited in her dreams by Arwen Undomiel and taught to fight by the one and only Gandalf, she had to rethink what she thought was the truth. Now today, or night, as she was dreaming of course, she was with Galadriel. This was new for her. Surprise must have been evident on her face as Galadriel smiled at her.

"Why are you here?" Lilia asked, trying not to sound disrespectful.

"You have been trained well, and I suspect you wish to know why," Galadriel began.

It was true. No one ever told her anything. Why she was being trained, why it needed to be her, why it just, had to be her. The only thing they said was that it was part of the so-called 'Prophecy'.

"Mithrandir and my niece have told you that there is a prophecy, yes?" Galadriel asked. Lilia nodded her head. "I think it is time you knew what that prophecy says."

Galadriel took a seat on a chair that somehow just appeared, Lilia sat next to her and angled her body towards the woman. Only now had she just noticed the setting around them. It was white everywhere, reminding Lilia much of the last Harry Potter movie. In fact she almost believed she heard a train whistle. It was preposterous of course but it still lingered in her mind.

"Long ago," Galadriel began, "an elf by the name of Elwyn came across a young boy. A child of man, abandoned by his family because there was something different about him. His eyes, we're like those of a wolf. Feral and gleaming in the moonlight, yet soft and intelligent. Despite the child's difference, Elwyn knew he couldn't just leave the child alone to die.

"So Elwyn took him in as his own, raising him to be much like an elf. The child took on the name of Aurye, and his wolf-like eyes helped him see in darkness not even orcs and goblins could. But one day, whilst Aurye was out hunting, men came by Elwyn's home. They were looking for Aurye. They never explained why, but they wanted him dead. They left and said they'd come back tomorrow for him.

"Now, Elwyn being careful, set out to find his adoptive son. He found Aurye, and warned him of what would become of him if he was to come home the next day. They waited two nights and went back on the third day. They never knew why, but the men never came back. Aurye supposed it was because they thought he had left permanently.

"Months and years passed and Aurye grew into a man. He became more adventurous and often left home to explore. Weeks at a time he would be gone and yet Elwyn never worried, for he knew his son would come back. One day Aurye came back with a young woman in his arms. She was wounded and Elwyn helped take care of her. When the woman awoke she admitted to why she was in her state. She was a skin changer. And do you know what her form was?" Galadriel asked.

"Wolf?" Lilia guessed.

"Yes, she could turn into a large, black wolf. And soon after she regained her health, the woman and Aurye fell in love. A year later, getting married and building their own home somewhere else. Only three years later there came a knocking on the door of Elwyn's home. When Elwyn opened the door he was shocked to see his adoptive son's wife, standing there with something in her arms. She was drenched in the rain that surrounded her and her eyes were wide with fear.

"Elwyn knew this would happen. Those men from years ago found his son, and now his family. Elwyn had of course, prepared for this. He had learned in ancient magic to send another away, somewhere where they wouldn't be harmed. His daughter-in-law was very opposed to this but she agreed none the less. It was the best hope she had for hers and Aurye's son.

"Elwyn chanted the spell and then the baby was gone. The only sound was the thundering outside. It wasn't from the storm, it was from the men at the door, pounding at the wood to let them in. The men broke down the door and after so much fighting, Elwyn and his daughter gave up, ultimately being killed. The men searched high and low of the child of the wolf-eyed man and the skin changer, but they never found him. Because he was safely hidden in another world."

Lilia breathed. "Wow," she said. "That had actually happened? All those years ago?"

Galadriel nodded, "Yes. It is very true and very real."

"Why do I need to know this?"

"Because the Prophecy states that a woman of the Wolf and the Changer would return and defeat great evil and darkness. It is also said someone known to that woman would accompany her and defeat the darkness."

Lilia stood up, "And you think that woman is me?"

"There is no one else like you."

"How can you be sure?" she challenged.

Galadriel smiled at the young woman in front of her. "Because the blood of the Wolf and the Changer is in you."

Lilia looked down. She had been told of this Prophecy, but for her to defeat some darkness or evil or whatever, she wasn't sure if she can do that. She may be a child of this 'Wolf' figure and this 'Changer', but why does she have to do it? So what if she could change into a wolf? Why did it have to be her? Why not someone else? Why did she have to be born with that blood? Why was she born into this? What did she do to deserve this? Just, why, her?

Galadriel obviously sensed her hesitance. "You do not have to do this, child," Galadriel said. "But everything Gandalf has taught you would have been in vain. And there are some, disadvantages of doing this. Your knowledge of Middle-Earth and it's happenings will diminish as time goes by whilst you are there. Your powers will also weaken, to the eventual point where you can only shift into one form. I can understand as to why you won't-"

"No," Lilia interrupted Galadriel, turning her gaze up at the elf queen. "I'll do it. No matter the cost."

Galadriel smiled at Lilia. "You have the braveness of the Wolf, dear one."

Lilia gave a shy smile back. It was time to go. Both women knew it. She watched as Galadriel dissipated into the light around them. Lilia looked around and gave a nod. Yeah, time to go.