Chapter 9 - Escaping Goblin Town

Thorin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Could it be true? Was Azog really alive? Suddenly the laughter of the goblins continued as their king signaled them to bring out the torture weapons. Their weapons including Vanáezae's and Vanadessë's were being searched through. They watched dreadfully as some goblins pulled out whips. A shiver ran down Vanáezae's spine when the goblin king began to sing.

"Bones will be shattered,

Necks will be wrung.

You'll be beaten and battered,

From racks you'll be hung.

You will die down here and never be found,

Down in the deep of Goblin Town," He sung.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, Vanáezae saw a goblin raise his whip and strike it down on Kili's back. The horrible sound of his pained cry rang in her ears. Rage boiled in her stomach.

"Leave him alone!" Vanáezae shouted, trying to get to him.

The Goblin King turned to her, "Well, looks like we have a woman in our presence. Better be good boys!" The King mocked again.

Vanadessë was hiding slightly out of the King's sight; behind Thorin. The Goblin however, narrowed his eyes at Vanáezae. He tilted his head slightly and grinned.

"And not just any woman," he said, "A shape-shifter!"

The whole company stared at Vanáezae and goblin laughter came from everywhere. Kili had an unreadable expression, Thorin and Dwalin looked suspiciously at me. The rest of the company had either looks of sympathy, distrust, and suspicion. The Goblin King only grinned wider.

"I see you haven't even told your friends. What a shame they found out this way," the Goblin laughed.

Vanáezae gave the giant Goblin a cold glare. One that should've sent the horrid creature to his death ten times over. Little did she know that a goblin was picking up Thorin's sword. It yelled in fright and threw the elvish blade to the ground. All goblins screamed in terror and began whipping everyone. Thorin in particular. Vanadessë screamed as a whip hit her, sending pain throughout her body.

"I know that sword. It is the Goblin Clever. The biter, the blade the sliced a thousand necks!" the mutilated Goblin ran back to his chair. "Slash them, beat them! Kill them! Kill them all! Cut off his head!"

A goblin raised a blade above Thorin. The company yelled and tried to get to their King in time.

"No!" Vanadessë screamed, lurching forward.

She was unfortunately knocked back by a blast that knocked everyone to there feet. Vanáezae was sent into Balin as the shock wave hit her. The blast even sent the Goblin King onto his arse. Vanáezae shook her head and looked up, a small ringing in her ears. There stood a figure of a man, cloaked, a sword raised, and a staff by his side. Of course it could only be Gandalf. Everyone began rousing.

"Take up arms," Gandalf said. "Fight, fight!"

Gandalf ran forward as the company jumped to their feet. Vanáezae grabbed her sword and someone else's weapon. It was Dwalin's large hammer. She tossed it to him and began slashing at all of the goblins that neared.

"He wields the Foehammer. The beater! Bright as daylight!" the Goblin cowered in fear of Gandalf.

Somehow Vanadessë and Vanáezae went back to back, cutting off every goblin's head that went near them. One snuck up behind Kili but she ended it quickly. The Goblin King got up and ran towards Thorin. Someone shouted his name and Thorin turned around, blocking the blow from the King. The force made the giant Goblin stumble back and off of the ledge.