chapter 1

Nicole , in this story, will not have the same horrible job as before. As the main parental figure in this fic, I wanted her to be at home more often. Lets just say she switched carriers and now works on wednesdays, thursdays, and mondays, from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm and sometimes 9:30 pm. She gets paid a bit less then her family size should get per week in money terms, but, she's great at sniffing out deals so...everything is pogchamp. I'll also age rob up a bit from 13, to 14 or nearly 15. If your uncomfortable with blood or angst then don't fear, i'm not harming rob that much...i think. Please enjoy

                                                                                            _.-.___*___.-._

No ones pov, (may switch every chapter or so we'll just have to see)

Nicole checked under the table again, if the boys aren't going to give in and give her her twenty dollars back, then so be it, she'd find more...somewhere.

At that moment, both of the trouble-makers strolled right into the kitchen.

"And where do you think you boys are going?" Nicole asked, hands on her hips.

"Hi mrs. Mom" darwin smiled, "were looking for secret rooms...why aren't you at the museum yet?" his voice wavered.

"Because i'm looking for change..unless you know where that money is." Nicole eyed the boys.

"We do! Probably....if you help us!" gumball sighed, looking at his mother with hopeful eyes.

"Why don't you just go get the money?" Nicole groaned, "if you know where it is."

"Well...."

Nicole followed the boys through the house, watching as they knocked things over in the process.

"Ok..." she sighed, "no more fooling around. Back to your rooms!"

Nicole pointed to the stairs, defeated, both boys marched away. With an exhausted sigh, the feline leaned against the wall.

'Why did no one tell me raising kids was so hard?'

Creak

"Huh?"

Nicole stood up, glancing behind her. There was a small door, probably half her height, within the wall under the staircase.

"Odd...I bet the boys have something to do with this." she growled, ducking under the doorway frame. The grim stairs went off into darkness, and a damp, humid smell wafted up to Nicole's nose.

Disgusted, she hurried to grab a flashlight and hopped down the stone steps. The thick air was difficult to breathe through, but she pushed through anyway.

Looking at the dim room, she was quick to notice the cardboard box with her money and Richard's toothbrush, the old mattress that supported no bedding or even a sheet, and the warmed bowl of soup on the broken down table.

Behind her, boxes fell to the ground, and crashing footsteps ran up the stairs. Nicole chased after the intruder with all the speed she could muster...which was a lot actually. She had caught up to the stranger before they even left the house, picking them up by their collar as she did so.

"AAAH! WHAT THE-LET GO OF ME!" the voice of a young teen cried.

"Now you listen here young man." she yelled, her angry, almost mother-like fury showing brightly, "you're going to tell me what you were doing stealing our stuff like that!"

The boy struggled, his body spazzing in and out of existence, but never really tearing itself from Nicole's grasp. Desperate, he begged for mercy.

"Please don't do something really mean like hang me from a street light! Please i-i'm afraid of heights! Please put me down!"