chapter 4

When rob finished breakfast, he retreated to the couch. Gumball and Darwin stared at him from the stairs.

"Darwin! Can't you believe it? Moms doomed us all!" the blue cat whispered, eying their new 'brother'.

"But how? He's not mean...so far." darwin replied. Rob ran out of the room, and the boys rushed over to the tv.

"Can't you see! Thats the ghost that was stealing all our stuff!"

Darwin took a moment, before gasping back in horror.

"Sorry man but i still don't know what your talking about." darwin shrugged.

"AARG!"

"Are you guys pirates or something?" Rob walked back in. Both boys looked at him, threatened by his height.

"So...rob...whatcha up to?" gumball leaned forward, smiling mischievously.

"Oh, I just asked Nicole if I could go for a walk...if you want, you could come with me." he offered.

"I don't know...how do we know you won't possess us?" gumball continued, slithering across the floor.

"Why would i-? Alright. You don't have to come, i was just offering." rob slowly slipped past the couch and opened the door.

"WAIT! WERE GOING!" gumball shrieked, grabbing darwin's arm.

"We are!" darwin asked, gumball brought his voice to a wisper.

"We're not gonna let this ghost wander around! We need to make sure he stays out of trouble."

"Oh ok...right... let's go."

---

Gumball was waiting, waiting for the moment Rob did something horrible. There was no way this thief was going to get away with anything.

But as the time passed, nothing seemed to happen. The kid just went through the park, helped a woman find her wallet, and then returned home. In fact, Rob had gotten home on time! About an hour before gumball and darwin usually returned after an adventure.

"Hello boys" nicole greeted, surprised to see all of them present, "how was the walk?"

"It was nice actually." rob smiled, "i'd really like to thank you for letting me stay here for a while...i wish i could remember my past...then ide be out of your...fur..."

Gumball gave a suspicious stare.

"Well, ive actually been thinking, what if this wasn't temporary? We could fix up the attic and turn it into your own bedroom...then we could get you back in school....acually i think that would work better the other way around..."

"Um...well, i'd love to, but i'd like to try and find my real parents too. They're probably worried sick."

Nicole hid her sorrow and pity behind an encouraging smile, she knew she would have seen a missing person report if that were really the case, "is that the only reason?"

Rob's voice dropped down to a whisper, and he leaned into nicole's ear.

"I also don't think gumball, darwin, and anies like me very much..."

Nicole nodded, she understood why the boys wouldn't, but her little girl? No! Not at all.

I'll have to ask her about it later...

a/n: yay! An update! Sorry if i scared everyone with the message. Everything turned out a-ok, and my non-existent upload schedule will not change! Yay~ i guess...

492 words