chapter 3

When Nicole opened the front door to her home, all three of the Watterson boys were glued to the TV, with anies hidden somewhere else in the house. She led rob up to the attic, laying down a sleeping bag and some soft bedding.

"Thank you..."rob muttered, stretching. He gave Nicole a quick goodnight hug, before climbing into his makeshift bed. Nicole's motherly instincts kicked in again. She almost saw the boy as her own.

-the next morning-

After being nearly squashed from the weight of Richard rolling over her in her sleep, Nicole made breakfast for the children of the house. As well as a feast for her husband. All in all, it was an ok Saturday morning.

"Mrs mom, is my math wrong? Or is there an extra plate?" Darwin asked as he sat on his seat, "and chair?"

"Yea..." gumball continued, "five plates for dad, one each for me, darwin, anies, and you. That makes 9 plates...but..."

The boys were right, there were ten plates. With an extra chair as well.

"Mrs mom? Are you ok?" darwin asked another question, drumming his 'hands' on the table.

"Yes everyone, that's what ive been wanting to talk to you about, i've decided to add a new member of the family."

"Sooooo...'' Anies spoke, looking at her mothers belly. Nicole laughed.

"No darling, we're just adopting someone...I'm done with pregnancy."

"What's preg-nann-see?" gumball whispered to darwin, who shrugged.

"So...where are they?" the boys asked in unison. Nicole smiled, hurrying up to the attic, where rob lay, still fast asleep.

"Hey..." she wispered, gently shaking him awake. The teen groaned.

"It's too early..." he mumbled, burying his head into his pillow.

"I made you breakfast...you have to be hungry." nicole fixed robs hair.

At the mention of breakfast, rob pushed himself up. Nicole was right, he was hungry...starving if he was being honest.

"Yes please..." he yawned. Whatever sickness had plagued him the day before was gone. Or at least nothing more than a spinning head.

But Rob's spirit fell when the rest of the Watterson family saw him.

"H-hi everyone..."

367 words