chapter 5

The day passed and the watersons enjoyed another meal. Rob once again kept quiet and just listened to the stories the family had to tell while he ate. His lack of memory also began to trouble him as he tried to remember what his parents looked like.

"Sooo...ross." gumball leaned in from rob's right, the cyclops looked at him a little concerned, perhaps offended.

"It's rob."

"Thats what i said. Bob."

"Eh?" rob set down his cup, "no my name is rob...you almost got it."

"Rose?"

"Rob."

"Tyrone?"

"N-no!? Rob."

"My name isnt rob it's gumball."

Rob groaned.

"Gumball stop pestering him and eat your dinner." nicole sighed, her gaze cold as gumball slid back into his spot, looking confused.

"What did i do wrong?"

After that, dinner resumed and eventually finished. Rob left to go be lonely in his room after a while, but when he saw anies, a four year old, reading pride and prejudice on the stairs he became very interested.

"So uh- that book your reading?" he asked, sitting down.

"Oh. yea. It's a school book assignment its not exactly my thing."

"You seem pretty smart for your age. What grade are you in?" he queried.

"Eighth. You?"

"Ninth...but i'm technically graduated from collage."

"What degree?" anies pushed up her glasses before they fell off her nose.

"Canadian history."

Anies giggled, setting her book down, "what job were you gonna get with that? Why not learn about all history?"

"I dunno...ask my past self that because i really don't remember."

Anies nodded calmly, humming as she thought to herself.

"Sorry if this is too personal, but you give me very high trans or gay vibes."

"Oh!" rob snickered, "i am bi- not transgender though. If you promise not to share it i acually was trans for a summer or so before middle school. It's so cringy my name then is almost like my dead name now."

"So you were always named rob?"

"Yep."

Anies nodded again, she felt proud of herself. "Can i guess your dead name? Or would that be too touchy?"

"Sure. it doesnt bother me most of the time." he shrugged.

"Was it rose? I saw your facial expression change when gumball called you it at dinner."

"I dont think your allowed to be this smart."

"So it's a yes?"

"Yea..."

Anies cheered, happy she had made a friend so quickly, "we're gonna be best friends!"

Rob laughed again, but then a thought crossed his mind.

"What's gumball's sexuality? N-not to be weired or give the wrong idea or anything i just have a lot of stuff i'd want to see click before i assume anything."

"Oh he's straight as a ruler."

Rob gave her a quick smile, "some rulers bend."

Anies giggled again, enlightened by the joke, "no trust me, he's straight more than he's awkward. You'll just have to get used to the extremely gay vibes he gives off."

Rob shrugged, "i'll try, but tommorrow, i'm going to my room."

"Alright see ya bro."

Rob smiled, mabye he wasnt hated all that much after all.

A:N: ok ok ok, please dnt beat me up for misunderstanding trans stuff or whatever, and sorry if i destroyed your headcannons in the use of this story. It is my plot after all. I understand the situation may have been unrealistic, or perhaps its fine, but i feel like rob would be more open about it when it was only for a few months and to him it was an acual literall phase. I support all you trans and lbgtq+ folks and hope it works out for you- and at the same time support my own straight self because it's super lonely here, LETS JUST SMILE AND WAVE AT EACHOTHER OK?

Anyway dont mind me if i mash plot together from my other story(i wrote an x reader for rob its adorable huilsbfhuak) so for those who are reading that x reader y/n will be known an 'yin' because thats usually how i address her anyway.

Have a good day.

630 words