Missed You

Admittedly, the morning could've been nicer and a little less... abrupt. You and Gojo were still fast asleep on his couch when he got a call, both of you getting startled into an upright position as he frantically answered his cell. It was a mission request of course, and he had to leave pronto. You didn't expect him to, but the man apologized frantically as he quickly got his shit together and darted out his door, unfortunately leaving you behind as he warped off on a trip that was supposed to last about nine days. It was so sudden that you barely got to say goodbye, sighing with defeat as you were left alone in his home.

The abrupt exit had your feelings slightly hurt, looking down at where you were once cuddled up mere moments ago. It honestly felt like he dashed on you thanks to your anxieties, but you had to tell yourself to wait until he came back before you jumped to conclusions. Besides, you had your own big mission to prepare for, so you'd worry about the conversation on what you were to each other later. You had about five days left to finish up your paperwork and other things, so you moved along and started to prioritize that task, cleaning up the space you occupied and heading out of his home as well.

It was a little disheartening to know that you'd leave for your own mission before he returned from his, the time between getting to see him again being extended without warning. Nothing could be done though, so you worked diligently for those next five days until you departed, putting all your energy back into your work.

By the time you left, your thoughts may have slipped back into thinking about Gojo every once in a while as you travelled, admittedly unable to put them aside completely. He had really made his way into your mind and there was no way he'd ever leave now. The teasing, the drinks, the drunken confessions; all of these thoughts run rampant in your mind during every free moment you had, and you seriously couldn't wait to get home and talk to him once more. That nagging little demon in the back of your mind still fed you painful thoughts, fueling your anxieties and making you doubt Gojo's supposed feelings for you. After all, it wasn't common to hear him say the words 'I love you' and mean it with exclusivity.

About halfway into your trip, Gojo had returned from his, obviously coming back to an empty house. You were still out taking care of your own business, which he expected, yet he felt this odd sense of emptiness, like something was missing. He knew what it was. It was you. He genuinely missed you. Knowing you were probably busy, he didn't care too much and pulled out his phone, deciding to text you. Instead of the usual obnoxious starters he usually sent though, he went down a different route this time, deciding to be a bit sweeter.

< Hey dove, I'm finally home. When will you come back to me? :( <3

Your phone buzzed obnoxiously in your pocket as you walked out of a building previously saturated with cursed energy. Now that you had cleared it out you could unfocus and take a moment to look at your device, letting out a big sigh of exhaustion. When you checked the notification and saw that it was a text from Gojo your eyes widened. "When you then read the message over your heart fluttered, your cheeks burning despite having literally just finished exorcising several curses. You could practically heat his flirty teasing through the screen.

> Hey there, didn't expect to hear from you!! I get back in 4 days, so I'll be home soon.

< 4 days?! I don't wanna wait that long! I wanna see you now! (╥﹏╥)

> Soon, Satoru. I'm halfway done.

< Call me babe and maybe I'll be patient. (≖_≖ )

> ... I'll be home soon babe. I promise.

Sending that last text made you quite giddy and you found yourself smiling down at your phone. Your smile grew even wider when he replied with a plethora of heart emojis and kissy faces, making you snort in amusement. The possibility of him truly loving you became more real every second, and that excited you greatly.