OWE OR KILL?

"Oh brother, Mr. Stevenson is such a gentleman!" Nora sighed as they got into the carriage and drove towards their home.

Doris huffed disapprovingly at Nora's words.

"He is just an ordinary teacher, why do you do fancy him?" She asked.

"You wouldn't know, mother," Nora smiled at Doris.

Charles Stevenson was everything her father wasn't. He was kind and gentle and considerate. Nora was sure, she could be happy with him.

"He hardly has a fortune!" Doris argued, "I was talking with Lady Moriah, she said that his yearly worth is only twenty thousand!"

"Wealth is not everything, mother," Noel sighed. He was thinking of the events that happened in the ball and was too busy to argue with Doris.

"Have you not lived a comfortable life until now?" Doris demanded, "And it is all thanks to the wealth we have! Of course, wealth is everything!"

Noel gave Nora a look who also smiled back at him. Noel tuned out his mother and looked out of the carriage door.

And when his mind had nothing to think about, those blue eyes popped up.

"Mr.James, would you be kind enough to tell me who is responsible for the wounds on your back?" Edward asked.

Noel's eyes widen in surprise at the unexpected question. He looked around and quietly replied, "This isn't an appropriate place to discuss those kind of affairs."

Bluebeard nodded his head, "I understand, if you would follow me."

Noel walked behind Bluebeard and out of the ballroom. They walked through the empty hallways for some time before Bluebeard stopped in front of a door.

"This is my study room, should this be sufficient?" Bluebeard asked.

Noel just smiled, "I wonder why, my lord is so eager to know about my wounds."

Bluebeard easily answered as he opened the door, "Curiosity. And I want to know who has the courage to harm one of the most successful businessman's second son."

"The businessman himself have the courage to harm his son," Noel answered, Bluebeard in their own coded language.

"And why would he hurt his own blood?" Bluebeard asked.

Noel shrugged, "Father was upset about not being able to sign a business deal with your family, my lord. He has sent me here so, I can talk with you about it."

Bluebeard raised an eyebrow, "And do you plan to talk with me about it?"

Noel shook his head.

"Father should know he can't have everything he wants."

"But wouldn't your failure have a harsh consequences on you?" Bluebeard worriedly questioned.

"It will," Noel agreed, "But I prefer upsetting father more than his beating.

Bluebeard chuckled lightly at those words.

"However, I am sorry to hear about your situation," Bluebeard trailed off.

Noel who had no grievance over a temporary father who was an asshole just shook his head.

"There is nothing to be sorry about, my lord."

"Perhaps, I can make you feel better?" Bluebeard said.

"And how do you plan to do that, my lord?" Noel playfully asked.

"Nothing can cheer a painter more than a rare collection of painting." Bluebeard smiled.

"I would love to bless my eyes with those rare collection that you speak of," Noel said.

"And I also have one last thing to say," Bluebeard said.

Noel titled his head at Bluebeard.

"And that is?"

"I shall come to your house to talk about signing a business contract. Do pass that message to your father."

Noel's mouth gaped open.

"Bu-but, why my lord?"

Bluebeard gave Noel a soft smile. He placed a hand in Noel's cheek.

"I wouldn't want you to get hurt anymore."

The whole evening both of them admired Bluebeard's rare collection of paintings, which were truly beautiful.

Noel sighed as he ran his hand over his hair, he did everything Bluebeard told him to so, he could have a reason to met with him again and again for the sake of his mission.

However, Noel didn't expected Bluebeard to be so...

Noel couldn't find the right words.

Maybe it's sweet?

"Belle calculate the affection rate between me and Bluebeard."

[Calculating the affection rate. Host, I cannot detect any affection from you but from Bluebeard's side the affection rate is 20% and the obsession rate is 45%]

The sleepiness and restlessness suddenly left Noel.

"The what now?"

[Each fairytale character has weakness that will be the cause of their downfall if not controlled. For Bluebeard it is his obsession to own beautiful things and people and to kill and mutilate dead bodies.]

Noel became thoughtful and looked up at the bright cloudless sky. His eyes never left the bright crescent moon as he thought about Bluebeard.

What could Bluebeard's obsession towards him be?

An obsession to own.

Or to kill?

I enjoyed pressing the enter key, hehe.