A KILLER'S DEAL

Elizabeth Bluebeard was dead.

Noel and his family were on their way to pay their condolences. Guilt plagued Noel's insides, as he played with the end of his cuff. He had known that Elizabeth's life was in danger yet he couldn't do anything to help her.

After the funeral, Noel noticed Bluebeard heading towards the mansion after talking with Mr.Stevenson. He decided to follow him.

Noel opened the door to Bluebeard's room but he was nowhere to be seen. Confused Noel decided to check the study.

He closed the door behind him and suddenly heard a loud thud.

Surprised at the noise, Noel opened the bedroom door again but saw nothing. However, he got a feeling that he was not alone.

Noel knew that Bluebeard had a secret room where he mutilated dead bodies of his ex wives. He looked around the room and felt the walls and knocked against them. There was a hallow sound from one of the walls covered in drapes.  He knocked behind the curtains, again. Noel pulled down the curtains and saw a dark brown door behind it.

[Congratulations host, your mission number one, "Discover the secret room" has been accomplished.]

Noel tried to open the door but he couldn't.

Belle, can you open the door?

[No, host. If it was a tech based door with passwords, I would help you hack it but this door has no tech I can manipulate.]

Noel groaned and looked around the room but didn't find any kind of key, he could open the door with.

Noel jumped when he heard another loud thud from the secret door. He grew more anxious as he became sure that there was a person inside.

"Hello? Ca-can you make another noise if you are inside?" Noel spoke.

There was another thud, fast and desperate.

"Do-do not worry! I will try to get you out."

Noel felt his mouth go dry as he looked around. He knew Bluebeard was a smart man and he wouldn't leave any evidence of his misdeeds in the open.

He knew he wouldn't find the key in such a short time, so he grabbed one of the candle holder and began to hit the door's lock.

In what seem like forever, Noel finally managed to break open the lock and kicked opened the door.

Inside the room a very alive Elizabeth was tied up.

Elizabeth saw Noel and her eyes sparkled with hope of her survival. She gestured with her head to come and help her.

Noel quickly walked towards her and took of the cloth covering her mouth.

"Lady Elizabeth, are you alright?" Noel asked, as he pulled off the gag.

Elizabeth took in a deep breath. Her skin was shining with sweat and her usually elegant hair was in a mess.

"Mr.James please help me! When I woke up, I was inside this room!" She cried, as she struggled against her rope.

Noel nodded as he searched for the knot and began to untie it.

Noel finished untying Elizabeth and helped her up. They turned towards the door to walk away but froze in their steps.

Bluebeard was leaning against the door frame looking at them with an amused smile.

"Mr.James, what is going on?"

Noel felt a cold chill wash down his spine as he realised, he had been caught.

"I do not think, I should be the one answering that question," Noel said, he licked his dry lips before adding, "My lord."

Bluebeard smiled.

"I am afraid, only one of you can leave this room," Bluebeard said.

"My lord!", Elizabeth cried, " Please take me with you! I am your wife!"

She quickly pushed herself away from Noel's hold. Her poor health gave away her legs but she crawled towards Bluebeard, who was watching her with an indifferent expression.

"Mr.James came all the way here and risked his life to save you," Bluebeard mused. He raised his eyes from Elizabeth's crouching figure and looked at Noel and met his eyes. He smiled again.

"Aren't you grateful to him?"

"I don't care!" Elizabeth cried,"I don't care as long as I am out of this room! My lord, I won't tell anyone about this! Please, let me go! I am your wife!"

"And I have had five more before you," Bluebeard mused.

It all happened too quickly.

Noel never noticed the knife Bluebeard was holding until it slide through Elizabeth's throat, silencing her, forever.

"No!" Noel yelled. He ran towards Bluebeard and tried to pull away Elizabeth from his grasp.

However, Bluebeard was too strong for Noel. He grabbed Noel's wrist and pulled him towards his chest. He released Elizabeth's limp body fell on the cold stone floor as the smell of blood filled the air.

Blood dripped down Bluebeard's hands as he held Noel's wrist and prevented him from fighting.

"Mr.James, please calm down," Bluebeard calmly said, as Noel fought against his hold.

"Calm down!?" Noel roared, still struggling.

" You just killed someone! How can I calm down?" Noel demanded, " I am reporting you to the authorities!"

Noel stopped struggling when, Bluebeard started laughing slowly.

"The "authorities" you talked about, will they believe you? I am holding a funeral for my dead wife. Will, they believe you if you say Elizabeth was alive and in the manor while her coffin has been buried?"

Noel stopped struggling and looked at Bluebeard, his eyes red with tears.

"You are crying," Bluebeard observed. He raised his bloodied hand to wipe away his tears but when he noticed his bloody hands, he retreat. He waited Noel to calm his breath and finally spoke.

"Mr. James I have a deal for you."