BUSINESS DEMANDS

The tall dark-haired man walked around the room completely disinterested. Even when he was not in public, he moved with cat-like grace. His electric blue eyes looked around the bookshelves and paintings.

The other person in the room nervously looked at the man. The blond man tried to appear cool and collected, after all, he had dealt with a lot of people throughout his business years. However, the man in front of him was someone powerful than him. He couldn't even dream about the powers the man possessed.

The dark haired man placed his gloved hand, on one of the paintings titled, "Walk of life" and then spoke.

"I shall not waste your time on topics that need not be discussed, Mr.James." Bluebeard drawled, as he brushed his fingers over the frame of the painting and continued walking around the large study.

His voice was deep that left an unshakable impression on anyone who would hear.

Alistair James cleared his throat and quickly spoke.

"I understand, my lord," Alistair agreed with him, " A wise man knows how to utilize his time well."

"I heard you want to sign a business contract with my family," Bluebeard said, as he admired the paintings on the wall.

"I will give you that and also invest in your business with twenty thousand pounds but I want something in return."

"Anything that is in my power sir," Alistair answered. He had wanted the business partneship for ages, he honestly did not expect his useless second son to maintain such strong friendship with Bluebeard and pursue him to sign a business contract with the James family.

Bluebeard finally turned to look at the man with a charming smile on his face.

"I want to marry one of your children."

Alistair smiled back. Not only did the eldest son of the Bluebeard family came personally to sign the business contract but also asked his daughter's hand in marriage.

His second son wasn't that useless after all.

"It is no problem, my daughter Nora is already of the age to marry, I gladly accept—"

"Nora?" Bluebeard interrupted with an amused smile. He had expected the head of the James' family would act like this. He decided to clear up the misunderstanding right now.

"When did I say I want to marry your daughter, Mr.James?"

Alistair frowned in confusion. He only had three children, two sons, and, a daughter. Bluebeard is a man. A man marries a woman, who happens to be his only daughter Nora.

"I said one of your children, Mr.James," Bluebeard smirked, "Surely, your son is your own blood?"

"Noel?" Alistair spat out his second son's name, half dreading and half wishing, he guessed the name right. He can't lose his eldest son, the heir of his business estates.

Bluebeard smiled. What he heard was right, Alistair James hated his second son Noel James with an undying passion. Just because he decided to follow his dream to become a painter and not become one of his business pawns.

"Yes, your second son, Noel James is the one I wish to marry." Bluebeard declared.

Bluebeard was impressed with Alistair's ability to mask his disgust against him and force out a smile in its place. The homophobic man would have probably screamed at Bluebeard by now if the man was powerful than him. Instead, Alistair James gave him, his best smile and spoke.

"I shall inform Noel about this," Alistair choked out the words, "But my lord I have a small request."

"Yes?"

"Can we keep the wedding private?"

Bluebeard smiled, "Of course, we can."

Without any words, Bluebeard walked towards the big oak doors and pushed them open. Before he stepped out, he turned back and smiled at Alistair who was still keeping his forced smile.

"Good day, Mr.James," Bluebeard said and tipped his hat at Alistair.

"Good day to you to my lord," Alistair said, with a slight bow.

As the door closed behind his back, Bluebeard's smile grew wider. His thumb brushed against the stopwatch on his chest pocket out of habit.

"Finally, you will be mine to claim."

"Mr. James I have a deal for you."

Noel sniffled lightly and pushed himself away from Bluebeard's hold. He stepped away from him.

"What is it?" Noel asked, his voice weary.

"Marry me."

Noel's eyes widen in surprise and gave Bluebeard an incredulous look.

"Excuse me?"

"Like I said," Bluebeard said, his voice smug, " The authorities will never believe you, but I am afraid you will pull on a trick."

Bluebeard bent down and wiped his bloody hands using the death Elizabeth's dress. He looked up at Noel and grinned.

"So by marrying you, I can make sure you don't pull up any tricks."

"Bu-bu-but I am a man!" Noel argued, "Why would you want to-"

"Surely, you have heard about the cruse haunting our family?" Edward asked, he stood up and walked over the dead body. His hand still had traces of dried blood.

Noel had heard about the curse. However he also knew that it was just a cover up for all the murder Edward committed.

"The wives of the eldest child of the Bluebeard will always become victim of unknown diseases and die," Edward said, "so, I talked with my father and decided that instead of getting myself  another wife who would only die after awhile, I thought of getting myself a husband."

Noel understood Bluebeard's game.

"You could simply kill me," Noel muttered, eyeing the puddle of blood that had gathered on the floor, "Why go through the trouble of marrying me?" Noel asked.

Bluebeard smiled and walked closer towards Noel. The tips of their shoes were touching and Edward lowered his head and pressed his forehead against Noel's.

Noel waited with baited breath for Edward's next move but he got nothing.

After a long minute of silence which felt like eternity, Edward slowly spoke his blue eyes burning into Noel's green ones.

"The reason is as simple as it would get, Mr.Noel James," Edward said in a low and husky voice.

"I am very much obssesed with you."

"What if I say no?", Noel blurt out.

Bluebeard grinned.

"It's either you or your sister."

I am jamming to Lorde's Perfect Places a lil too much dis days. Anyway which song are you guys obsessed with?
Oh and get some sleep ya crazies.