Yvette

Yvette

Heartbreaks Happen

Yvette was 17 when she first noticed Louie. He was eye catching if you think a 6'5" buff male who has light grey eyes and dark brown hair. He was also the next in line for Alpha of our pack, the Western Region Pack.

The only problem is he is definitely a cheater. I watched as he had a permanent girl friend at the time, her name is Janice, who loves him, even when she catches him with other girls making out. She just sucks it up and then when Louie's back is turned she kicks the living daylights out of the girls he had cheated with.

He must know what she does after she catches him with others. I should know because I watched his face when he was told, he just smiled.

Then when I turned 18 I found out he was my mate. I don't know about you, but I ran. I packed my bags and I ran far away, already knowing that even if he accepted me, he would cheat on me too.

You know the saying, Once a cheater, always a cheater. That is Louie.

My wolf is really upset with me. She says that he will never cheat on us, really, how naive. I think I would rather have her mad and upset with me than have a broken heart, mind you she would have one too.

I ended up having to go back to visit the pack five years later due to the passing of my only living relative, my Uncle Ford. But only went because I had help from Tina, a local witch I know, she devised a pill that will block my scent from others. I used them and took one pill a day and my scent is no more.

I did not want Louie to find out that we were mates, I just have to be careful that he never touches me because the shocks mate's give one another can never be hidden or so I am told.

So I went back for my Uncle's funeral and reading of his will. Uncle Ford was a pack elder, he was the only one I told why I had to leave and he understood. He even called another pack for me to go to, his best friend Owen is the Beta of the Lower Basin Pack, I call him Uncle too.

So in the past five years, I completed high school and graduated, then went to college to become a nurse. Currently I work in the pack infirmary of the Lower Basin Pack. I love my job. I have spent the majority of my time going to school, and have not yet had a single date. My reason is no spare time to fall in love.

I am scared to death when I drive up and park at my Uncle Ford's house. I had the pack's permission to be here as I got Uncle Owen to call ahead to make sure the Western Region Pack let me come.

I called from the Town Centre diner, to warn Aunty Karen that I was here, she told me that she is alone and to come right away. Aunty Karen was not Uncle Ford's true mate, just his chosen mate after his true mate Isabelle ran off with another wolf, who ended up marking and mating her soon after.

I walked up to the door and knocked, then Aunty Karen opened the door and ushered me in. We hugged and cried right there in the foyer before showing me to my room. A totally different room as she turned my old one into a den for her. I smiled when she showed me, told her it was totally alright with me.

Her and I were good, she understood why I had to leave, her true mate is the same. She rejected him and moved here and found Uncle Ford. I totally approve of her and trust her with my life.

I asked her, while we were having tea, after I got settled in my room, if she was going to stay here. She told me that going back to her home pack is not ever going to happen. Her ex-mate is still there and she does not want to be around him. I told her that if she wanted, she could move to my pack, they will accept her and then we can be together again. She said she will think about it. I told her that whatever she decided would be fine, I just wanted her to know that she is not alone, I will always accept her as my family. We hugged again before I went to bed, as the funeral was tomorrow.