𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞!

CLAY POV

clay tapped his foot on the car floor, listening to music coming from one of the airpods in his ear. sapnap was supposed to have grabbed maia by now, but either of them were here. at least, until a hand hit his window and he shouted in surprise, jumping in his seat. a hand flew to his racing heart as he glared daggers at maia, who was bent over laughing and wheezing. she pointed at him, face going pink from how hard she laughed, before she walked around the car and climbed into the passenger seat.

"you should've seen the look on your face!" she wheezed, wiping her eyes. he scowled at her, sulking in his seat. "it was priceless!"

"where's sap?" he asked bitterly, running a hand through his hair. it was too hot to have worn sweats and a hoodie, and he should've known that the two idiots would take longer than expected. he didn't want to waste gas so he had to turn the car off on several instances, but it just grew hotter inside by the second.

"asking a girl for her number," maia said, buckling her seatbelt and immediately going onto her phone. "he'll probably be a minute, considering he'll have to wipe the tears off of his face once she rejects him."

"rude."

"but am i wrong?" she countered, a mischievous grin sent his way. clay rolled his eyes, shoving her shoulder. she shrieked and shoved him back, using her phone to hit him. he fought back, pushing her back, until someone opened the door and climbed into the back seat. the siblings twisted around and looked at sapnap, who had the biggest grin on his face.

"what happened to you?" clay asked, before a grin split across his face. "did she say yes?"

sapnap raised his brows, looking at maia. "you told him?"

maia gave him a look. "duh. was i not supposed to?"

a shit-eating grin curved sapnap's face. "nah, just ruined the surprise."

"surprise?" the siblings echoed.

he shrugged, leaned back, and buckled his seatbelt. "oh, nothing."

"sap," clay began.

"just wait until we get home," he said, waving clay off, smirking. "it's nothing big."

clay and maia looked at each other. "frickin' drive."

/ / / / /

"are you going to tell me what the hell you were talking about in the car?" dream asked as he logged into minecraft.

"what?" george asked. "what did sapnap do now?"

"i picked maia up from the basketball game," dream explains, "and sapnap stayed behind to get this girl's number, right? he comes back into the car with the biggest shit-eating grin—"

"it was not shit-eating—" sapnap began, offended.

"sapnap talking to girls?" george interrupted, his voice going higher with each word. "what has the world come to?"

"no, listen—" dream laughed as he started running around the minecraft world. he'd changed into sweats and a black t-shirt and sat comfortably in his chair. "maia told me what he'd stayed around to do, so i asked him about it after he got in, and he wouldn't tell me why he was smiling."

"because i wanted to tell both you and george!" sapnap argued. "if you'd listen to me for like five seconds, then—"

"just spit it out, sapnap!" george shouted.

"holy shit, calm DOWN!" sapnap yelled over him, dream wincing at the volume through his headphones. "so—"

"dream, how's that number girl of yours doing?" george asked, laughing as sapnap screamed a string of swear words at being interrupted yet again. "you have any more ~late night talks~ or minecraft dates?"