𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

gamers i took ur advice and ditched The Man. now i am proud to announce i have 2 more LAMDKSNNDN CMDMGKRKGKDKGKEJFJWJFJDNNENFNF

update: one of them ghosted me lol

update #2: the one who i liked better (not the one who ghosted me) got into a car crash (???) and canceled. as u can tell i am the BEST when it comes to men. ok anyways enjoy

cw: dream do be high

- i think i remember him saying that he like never drinks or gets high but for the purpose of my sanity pls just imagine he has a wax pen idk; high dream sounds like such a fun person to be around

"can you leave me alone?"

"i'm going to break my back," alex whined as they carried up a box of clothes up the stairs. iris sent a glare over her shoulder, almost missing the stair in front of her, and set down her own two boxes in her room. alex dramatically dropped the clothes box on the floor before collapsing on iris's bed in the corner, straight black hair flying over their face. "can you do the rest? i'm so tired."

iris furrowed her brows, retying her dirty blonde hair behind her head, a bobby pin in her mouth. "don't you have a can of monster in the car?"

"yeah, but it's been sitting in there and is probably lukewarm by now."

iris, rolling her eyes, began to go downstairs. "you're so picky."

"as if you didn't complain about the chipotle rice not being salty enough," alex retorted, following their cousin to the truck outside. "white ass."

iris's jaw dropped. "we literally have the same amount of mexican blood in our veins. it's not my fault i inherited my mom's white tastebuds."

"i think it is your fault."

"how the fuck would it be my fault for what genes i inherited?"

"technically," alex said as they brought boxes back inside, "you were the fastest swimmer."

"what does that mean?"

"it means that you started off as a sperm, idiot. and you speedran to your mom's egg and that's why—"

"literally shut up," iris said, dropping the box and flipping alex off. alex returned the gesture before groaning and making iris's bed, muttering curses under their breath while they did so. iris jogged back downstairs, unwrapping the lollipop alex had shoplifted from the supermarket hours earlier (because iris didn't want to spend a dollar extra and alex wanted to stick it to corporate companies). as she unloaded the last of the boxes from alex's truck, she noticed one pulling into clay's driveway. shielding her eyes against the sun, she realized it was clay himself, who got out of the car with a welcoming smile.

"what's up?" he asked, pocketing his keys.

"just unpacking," she replied, picking up a box and locking her car. she held her cherry lollipop in one hand, squinting against the sun as she continued, "alex–my cousin–is upstairs helping me. do you wanna meet them?" clay glanced back at the house, and iris recognized the look in his eyes. "don't worry about it. they're nervous when it comes to meeting new people, too." the small, tired smile that appeared across his face made her cheeks redden, but she blamed it on the sun shining directly onto her face. "this box is heavy, so i'm... i'm gonna go inside."