𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞!

(1) friendly reminder clay do be a lil smoker in this, (2) no this chapter has not been edited lmao, if u see typos or things don't make sense... i'm editing things soon i promise i promise

clay pov soon? hehe

cw: drug usage (wax pen, dab pen)

"no! GET HIM GET HIM... GEORGE! what is WRONG with you?"

the october air filtering through her window did nothing to ease iris's anxiety as she tried focusing on the textbook in front of her. clay's voice was quiet through the walls, which was odd because she could hear sap's voice on a phone call all the way downstairs, so she assumed the walls were thin. maybe he had soundproof walls or something. she wouldn't be able to hear anything if she could use her headphones, but since they were bluetooth, the battery had run out and they were charging.

groaning, she slammed her head on the textbook. stupid stupid stupid. how could she have forgotten she had a psychology exam tomorrow?

a knock on the door had her out of her spot on the bed, grateful for a distraction. when she opened her door, sap smiled tightly. "still studying?" he asked.

she wrinkled her nose. "define studying, cuz if staring at my textbook for hours but not retaining any words counts as studying, yes i am still studying."

he snickered. "praying for you. just wanted to say bye before i left for my flight."

she nodded, smiling softly and waving. "still don't understand why your friend lives in north carolina. i forget it exists sometimes."

"i'll tell him you said that."

when he started going towards the stairs, rye asked, "you're not saying goodbye to clay?"

"he's busy, but i'll give him a big smooch when i get back," sap said, laughing. iris grinned. "don't let him order takeout anymore, bro's gonna explode."

"of course not. i'll make him make me something."

"no no. you can get takeout, cuz he can't cook for shit. make him make something for himself."

she saluted. "got it, dad. drive safe—"

"it's fine, iris, you can call me daddy."

she cocked a brow. "save that for the bedroom."

he matched her expression, the air growing thicker. "are you saying there's a guaranteed moment in the bedroom?"

she rolled her eyes. "fly safe, idiot. we'll see." he laughed, walking away while she went back into her room.

as soon as she crashed back onto her bed, dreading reading more of her psychology textbook, her phone buzzed.

clay
was that sap leaving?