Lexi

"Why do you care for me?"

"There's no reason"

"There must be. Why make the effort to become such goods friends with us?"

"Just because we're in the Mafia doesn't mean we wouldn't become friends with others"

" fair enough. But I'm not stupid surely becoming close with us would put us in danger in the eyes of your enemies"

"The British Mafia is a ally of ours. They aren't strong enough to do anything against us."

"Your Italian though. Why did you leave Italy?"

I see Laura hesitate

"No secrets"

"Fine" she sighs " remember I told you had a daughter. We all lived in Italy but after losing our daughter we couldn't bear staying there I had to leave I couldn't take it" she sighs

"So we decided to relocate to Scotland, the Mafia leader had no heirs, he was on his deathbed and let us merge with him."

"So." I ask "the Italian Mafia and the Scottish Mafia have merged?"

She nods

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because, I want you to trust us"

" How do I know you don't really want to hurt us?" I ask

"We wouldn't. Remember I told you that the boys are close with you because you reminded them of their sister. They care for you. We all care for you."

I take A moment to respond "I believe you. I believe you don't want to hurt us. But you still hurt people you're still in the Mafia. I don't think I can stay around you, let my family be around you." I stand up

"Alexa please" Laura begs

"Laura. Your secret is safe with me." I promise

"I don't care about the secret" Laura shouts

"Then what do you care about"

"You. I don't want to loose you"

I raise my eyebrow "I thought Mafia didn't have weaknesses"

"Alexa." Laura sighs "please. Don't cut us off"

"Laura. You could be A danger to my family, a-nd your husband and sons killed someone.I just don't know how I can move on from that"

"I get it, you need space."

I nod " I do"

"Laura wipes away a tear "Fine, we'll give you space. I hope we can still be close after"

I weakly nod. For some reason I feel heartbroken yet I know it's the right choice

"If Jason or Rick, other then business reach out please-"

"I understand" she mumbles bringing me into a hug.

I freeze

"I'm sorry"

I hug her back gently.

After Laura's gone I sit back down and reflect.

I know they're Dangerous, they're the freaking Mafia, they kill people but according to Laura  they don't kill innocents. That still doesn't give  them the right to decide someone's fate.

Would it be worth it though. They've become like family in such a short amount of time. I sigh and quickly make my way to the store, grabbing the necessary items and throwing them into the fridge when I get home.

I call Gray as soon as I can "Hey baby"

"Heyy, where are you?"

"Just left work, what's up?"

"Meet me at yours." We agree and quickly end the call.

"I'm going to Grays" I shout before leaving quickly.

If it's anyone who can make me see clearly it's Gray.

As I drive in I see him getting out of his car too.

I get out and give him a hug

"Baby" he pushes me away so he can see my face

"What's going on?" Are you okay, you sounded a little worried before"

"I'm fine" I whisper "come inside. I'll tell you."

I take a seat on his bed as he quickly changes

"Alright" he takes a seat next to me pulling me into his arms "Whats wrong baby"

"Theyreinthemafia" I quickly blurt

"What?" Grays confused

I sigh and sit up "That day on Laura's anniversary. I saw well I heard Roberto and his sons talking. He admitted their in the mafia. Mafia kings. They killed someone, I heard it"

"Wait what" he quickly sits up

I nod

"Tell me everything" he demands

I sigh and tell him what i heard and what happened after that.

"They were really shocked when they saw that I heard them. And then I saw Laura today. She kept trying to make sure I was okay with them.

She didn't mention not telling anyone. She was more concerned on what I think of them and whether or not I wanna see them again"

"Seriously? They didn't threaten for you to not tell anyone"

"No. Found that weird to. They must trust I wouldn't tell anyone."

"They're the Mafia. The fuck. Wait, they seem pretty close to you, to everyone. I don't think they would hurt you I mean the way they act with you lot no. It doesn't make sense"

"They've said they wouldn't hurt us and that they genuinely care"

"Well" he sighs " at least if anything happens again like you know what happened with Damon or anything really you have me always, but they have a bigger influence which means you'd be protected with them"

I turn towards Gray. What.