Singing - Eomer

Warnings: none, just fluff
Word count: 968 (song about 180)
Other: nothing here either.
Requested: by JamesPotterSucks

Eomer goes looking for you and finds you singing to yourself.

Eomer was wondering where you were, as you would usually meet him on the steps of your house. But today, you were nowhere to be seen. Your laundry had been taken down from the line, so it was clear that you had been home not moments before, but now you were nowhere in sight. The flowers were gently swaying in the cool wind of the evening, Eomer stilled when notes of a song reached his ears. Somehow, it sounded familiar, even if he couldn't place it how.

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry
I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

He followed the song past the stables towards the pastures where the horses were enjoying the setting sun. The horses didn't seem to mind the song sounding beside them, they continued grazing, their tails swishing in the air on occasion. Eomer rounded the corner to find you sitting on a bench, eyes closed, singing to your heart's content. It was clear that you had not yet spotted him, and he was going to keep it that way. He leaned against the corner of the stables, making sure to be absolutely quiet so he could keep watching you.

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war. 

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say goodbye...

A small smile danced on your lips as more words left your lips, your voice gathering more power into your song. You twirled around, your dress fanning out around you, the darkness around you swirling with you as you twirled around. Eomer watched, transfixed as you moved with the utmost grace, jumping on the bench you had been sitting on. You lifted yourself onto your toes and twirled again, supporting yourself off the wall as you stilled, continuing your song.

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes
You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye

As you finished with a fluttering, long note, Eomer started clapping. The noise startled you and your foot slipped from the edge of the bench, causing you to lose your balance. Luckily Eomer was standing close enough that he could catch you and stop you from colliding with the ground and possibly injuring yourself. You let out a breath of relief as he caught you in his arms, keeping a tight hold on his arms, still slightly startled. After a few deep breaths, your heartbeat began to slow, and you opened your eyes, the cold light of the stars the first thing you saw.

He set you back on your feet on the ground, and once you regained your balance, you slapped his chest in retaliation.
"You startled me!"
"My apologies, it was not my intention." His tone was apologetic, although he was smiling cheekily, and he received another slap, to his shoulder this time, as retaliation because of that. Eomer chuckled as you pretended to be angry with him, but it failed the moment he nuzzled his nose into your neck. A smile broke into your face as you leaned towards the warmth of his chest. The night was truly setting and the coolness of the air was slowly seeping into your skin.
"What are you doing up? I thought you would be asleep by the time I returned home." Eomer shook his head, scooping you into his arms. You squealed and wrapped your arms around his neck.
"I cannot sleep when you are not there next to me, you know this." He pressed his jaw on the top of your head as he set towards your shared home, you securely wrapped in his arms. You started humming as you approached the house, and he smiled down on you, pressing a quick kiss on your forehead with a smile. The door swung closed behind the two of you, and the yard was plunged into a still silence, now void of your singing. 

Song: The Call by Regina Spektor (chosen by the requester)

This was quite hard for me to write, as I am not a person who likes to sing. I have never liked it, and probably never will. But I did manage to finish this in quite a short timeline, so I am proud of myself. It's a little shorter than I usually want my oneshots to be, but I didn't want to stretch it out unnecessarily as I think it was good as it was. 
Shitty title and summary, I know, it was the best I could come up with...

Requests opening on 7th!
I will wait the 26hours (from 3pm on 7th to 5pm on 8th). After that I go though the requests and choose my favorites to write. I usually take 6-10 requests, it depends on my motivation and the time I have to write.
Remember to read request rules before requesting and send them in private messages.