Stood up - Fili

Warnings: reader being stood up by a dwarf but nothing else, I think?
Word count: 1027
Other: -
Requested: nope

The dwarrow you were meant to meet doesn't show up, and you are left standing alone in the middle of a busy clearing, getting pitiful looks from the people that pass.

You sighed deeply as you glanced again at the sun. It had passed the highest point almost an hour ago, but you still held up hope that he would be there. He had promised, after all, and seemed so excited to meet you when you had agreed on this date and time. He had been practically bouncing on his feet when you had said yes.

But now it seemed that he might not be coming at all, and you found yourself holding back tears. The breeze in the air carried the scent of the blossoms of the apple trees, but not even one of your favorite scents in the whole world was not able to make you feel better. You kicked the sand with the toe of your boots, your favorites, one you had chosen particularly for this.

You fiddled with your fingers as your brain was desperately trying to understand why he had not shown up. Maybe he was injured? No, you would have heard the alarm bells in the kingdom if something would be wrong. Surely he would have sent someone to tell you if he had been prevented from coming somehow? Your brain returned to the fact that you had done something wrong, and no matter how hard you fought it, your brain was starting to convince you that it was somehow your fault. Tears fell from your eyes as you continued to ponder for the real reason he had not shown up, and you tried to shut your surroundings out of your mind as you slinked closer to a quieter corner of the plaza.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice broke you out of your haze, and you hastily wiped your eyes onto your sleeve, hoping that Fili wouldn't notice.
"H-Hello, Fili." You greeted him silently, cursing the slight tremor your voice carried.
"How was your date?" He asked chipperly, his hands crossed behind his back, a politely curious look on his face, but his eyes. They carried a look you had only seen a few times before, and it surprised you. He was jealous. You kicked the sand with the tip of your boot, watching as the dust rose from the ground and then disappeared with the breeze.
"He didn't show." You muttered, not wanting to meet his eyes. He had told you that there was something fishy about the man you had agreed to meet, but you had been too excited to even properly listen to him.

Fili was silent for a while before he offered you his elbow.
"Join me for a walk, then?" You looked at him for a moment, before shrugging and threading your arm through his. It was not like this day could get any worse.

- - -

An hour later, you had forgotten all about the dwarrow you had supposed to be meeting. You were laughing, almost bent in two as it hurt your stomach.
"He did not say that to her." You hiccuped out between your words and dried tears to your sleeve again, this time caused by laughter instead of sadness.
"He did!" Fili took in a deep breath, rubbing his face with his hand before continuing his story.
"He really said that "if you can get past me we are not going out", and believe me when I say mother took that to heart." Your laugh got louder as you imagined a poor idiotic dwarrow standing in front of Dis, demanding a date.
"So, what happened?" You asked, sucking in a deep breath to fill your lungs with air again.
"She threw him across the room. And I mean it, he was sent flying by the force of her blow. Landed against the wall and stayed there. I'm not sure whether it was because he was injured or because of how humiliated he was." You let out a bright laugh again, wiping another set of tears off your face.
"You have a beautiful laugh." Fili's compliment caught you by suprise, and you blushed deep crimson as you tucked a tuft of hair behind your ear.

- - -

It was only until the sun was starting to set behind the horizon and the coolness of the growing evening was starting to seep into your skin the two of you seemed to realize that you had been talking all day. But neither of you was eager to leave yet, both of you have so much left to say.
"I am not sure when, but I would love to do this again," Fili suggested earnestly, and you nodded in agreement, eyes shining with excitement at the thought tha you would be able to meet him another time. A part of you had feared that this was only a one-time thing, that he was doing this out of pity, but now it seemed that it was not only that, it seemed like there was more entangled here.
"Until we meet again, my lady." He presented you with a small bouquet of flowers, and you flushed red as you accepted them from him.
"T-Thank you." The words seemed to want to get stuck in your throat, but you forced them out anyway in a muttered mess. You leaned in and pressed a kiss to his cheek to thank him, not wanting to fumble with your words anymore, not trusting that you would not make a fool of yourself after such a wonderful day.

I haven't forgotten the requests, don't you worry, they are coming along in the background. I have just gotten a few of my own ideas into my head lately, and some of them have demanded writing immediately, so I have in order not to lose them.

I also have a course soon that requires more work than average, so I am working on getting my undone courses ready or to a better point before it starts so I can have a clean slate once it ends.