Chapter 3: Clues, Dinners, and the Gryphon, Oh My!

In the castle, Madelyn was showing everyone around and even giving them some small info.

"They say Lord O'Flannery practiced real magic and that he had many secrets built into the castle walls." Madelyn says as they stopped next to a window. "Legend has it that he even conjured up a gryphon to protect it, and housed the monster in that old tower."

Madelyn pointed out the window at said tower.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Called the Gryphon's Roost." Madelyn adds

Everyone took one look at the tower and Scooby and Shaggy shook.

"Like, why doesn't Whirlen Merlin knock it down and put up a student union or something?" Shaggy comments

"He's hoping to restore it some day but until then, it's marked as off limits." Madelyn responds, walking over to some display cases. "His career goes all the way back to when he was a kid! He started out with neighborhood puppet shows and over here is his trophy case!"

Madelyn walked over to said trophy case and examined what was in it.

"This is Whirlen Merlin when he was on stage." Madelyn said. "Isn't he awesome??"

"I had no idea you were so into magic, Madelyn." Pyrrha comments

"At least you finally settled on something." Velma said. "Where we you last semester? Clown College?"

Madelyn nervously laughed and said, "Yeah, so i've done some soul searching. Not everyone is born with a mystery book in her hand, Velma."

"Well, I think magic is pretty cool." Jaune comments

"I've always been fascinated by how it's done." Madelyn said. "Just as Velma loves to solve mysteries, I love to uncover the secrets of magic and this is the perfect school for that."

"What about that gryphon??" Velma questions. "Mom said that-"

"Mom's just dramatic." Madelyn intercepts. "It's nothing but a silly old myth."

Then, a loud gong echoed throughout the castle, Scooby jumping into Shaggy's arms. However, when they looked up, they saw Whirlen Merlin on a counter over the gong.

"That'd be our dinner bell." Whirlen comments. "Alakazam!!"

Whirlen vanished under a puff of smoke and reappeared next to everyone with a blue cloak in his hand.

"And because you're our special guests of honors, i've asked our chef...." Whirlen starts, making his brother, whom waved, appear under a puff of smoke and swirl of the blue cloak. "..to prepare a royal feast!"

"RFeast???" Scooby comments

"Scoob, I think he said the magic word!" Shaggy replied

Later, in the dining room, everyone looked around, there being barely any students present.