Chapter 9: Operation Saving Madelyn and Pyrrha

PREVIOUSLY....

Fred, Velma, Daphne, Ren, and Nora ran to the side they came from earlier as the bridge fell apart, the gryphon roaring as it fell to the bottom of the tower.

Velma looked over and shouts, "Shaggy, Scooby, Jaune, are you okay??!??"

They stood up and Shaggy responds, "Like, we still got all our pieces!"

"Stay there! We'll come back with some help!!!" Fred shouts

Fred, Velma, Daphne, Nora, and Ren ran down the stairs to go back to the main castle to get help.

"That's the best idea i've heard from him, like, all night." Shaggy comments

"Yeah, and my feet are killing me." Jaune comments, sitting down

The gryphon screeched as it appeared and flew in circles over the old tower.

"RThe gryphon!!!" Scooby yelped

"It's back!" Jaune adds

"But, like, Fred told us to stay right here." Shaggy comments

"HELP!!!!" Madelyn was heard calling out from the other side of the door. "Can you guys hear me??!?!????"

"Okay, like, we all know Pyrrha will the fine till help arrives, but you think Madelyn will?" Shaggy asks

"Raggy!! RMadelyn likes you!" Scooby comments

"Yeah." Jaune agreed

Shaggy sighed and comments, "Well, since you put it like that..."

The three walked up to the door, Shaggy taking a look at the lock.

"Man, like, peep that crazy lock!" Shaggy comments. "And us without the key!"

Scooby thought before noticing a pattern on the door.

"Raggy, look!" Scooby points out

Shaggy took a look and scoffed a little.

"Good work, pal." states Shaggy

Shaggy pushed a button on the staff, which made the top section spring open a little, revealing a small jagged pole and he inserts it in the keyhole, removing the staff and closing it back up.

Jaune opens the door slowly and they stepped in, looking around and narrowly avoiding stone chunks that fell down.

"We got in here, finally." Jaune comments. "You two okay?"

"Now we are." Madelyn responds. "The gryphon dropped us here in the tower and flew off. I'm hoping he doesn't come back for midnight snacks."

The gryphon then appeared in the doorway, trying to get through but having trouble as Jaune, Shaggy, and Scooby ran over to Pyrrha.

"Quick, Scooby, pull something out of that bag that can help us get out of here!" Jaune orders

"ROn it!" Scooby responds, grabbing the bag and beginning to dig through it

Scooby chucked out cards, rings, necklaces, and fake animals. Eventually, he pulled out a string of ribbon that was nearly 70- feet long just as the gryphon got in and made it's way over slowly.

"Hey, we can use this!" Madelyn comments. "We can climb down through he window!"

"Like, I don't know, Mads." Shaggy comments. "It seems kinda flimsy."

The gryphon roared, the five starting to run, Jaune teing one end of the long ribbon onto a pillar and Madelyn opening a window and chucking the other end out. One by one, they all climb down but it was not surprisingly not enough to get to the ground.

The gryphon screeched as it flew around, flying out of the tower and Shaggy rries to swat the staff at it.

"Like, beat it, Tweety!!!" Shaggy yelped

However, the gryphon roared and grabs the ribbon, taking off flying as they all held on tightly.

"WHERE'S THE SEATBELT ON THIS THING!??!?!?!?!??!?????" Jaune yelped

Back in the castle, Marlon had gone off to calm down after attempting to argue with Calvin. Calvin sighed.

"Those kids won't find anything." Calvin comments. "Why delay the inevitable?"

Whirlen sighs before saying, "I suppose you're right. But I really do hate letting down my students."

"Oh, yes, it's a tragedy." Calvin comments. "Sign here, please."

Calvin handed Whirlen the paper as he grabbed a pen and began looking over the paper just to make sure there was nothing shady in it, even by Calvin's standards. When not seeing anything out of the ordinary, he went to sign it until......Fred, Nora, Ren, Velma, and Daphne burst through the door, making them all look over.

"The gryphon, it's in that old tower!!!!" Ren exclaimed

"Come on!!!" Velma adds

When going out, they all ran out, Whirlen dropping the pen and paper. As they got out there, the gryphon was flying around, Jaune, Pyrrha, Madelyn, Scooby, and Shaggy still holding on for their lives.

"There they are!!!" Ren shouts, pointing up in the air

Madelyn quickly thought as the gryphon circled around the castle as if it was looking for somewhere to land.

"Shaggy, give the staff another shot!" Madelyn called out

"It won't work! It's a fake that someone put in place of the real thing!!!!" Shaggy states

"JUST TRY ANYWAYS!!!" Madelyn called out

Shaggy turns his attention to the gryphon.

"I TOTALLY COMMAND YOU BY THE POWERS OF HOUDINI, AND, UM, THE WIZARD OF OZ, ADN THE ENGLISH KID WITH THE GLASSES TO PUT US DOWN!!!!!!" Shaggy shouts, chucking the staff at the gryphon

The staff spirals in the air as it goes up into the cloud, cutting off one of the gryphon's feathers. That's when the gryphon began descending, and fast.

"Like, dudes, we're loosing altitude and we're loosing it fast!" Shaggy yelped

"RELLLLPPPP!!!!" Scooby yelps

Various chunks of the castale got broke as everyone ran over as Scooby, Shaggy, Pyrrha, Jaune, and Madelyn let go when able to safely drop, Jaune landing face first as the gryphon continued tumbling on the ground with several thuds, stopping at a corner if one of the towers.

That's when everyone else arrived.

"Shaggy got him!" Madelyn cheered. "Isn't that incredible?"

Everyone looked at each other and Fred comments, "Yeah, that is."

"You really are brave!" Madelyn comments, hugging Shaggy tightly

Shaggy winced a little and says, "Like, un-squeeze me, Madelyn you're hug's a bit too tight."

The gryphon roared and screeched, Scooby and Madelyn hiding behind Shaggy, Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren getting into defensive stances as everyone else stood there and watched and with that, the gryphon fell to the ground, defeated.