Chapter: 8

I am hanging out with Michael

I am hanging out with Michael. We are working on a song. But, it's hard to find anything to write about. So, we took a break. "Lily is mad at Mia." "For missing her cable show that she promised to go to." "Yep. I wasn't too thrilled that she ruined our night." "It wasn't ideal. But, I had to be there to help her. Because lord knows, she doesn't think before doing." "True, very true."

"Have you pictured of our future?" I asked. "Yeah, a lot." "Tell me." "Okay, We would be married and have kids of our own. Living here." "That's nice. I have the same." We kiss and the bell rings. We head to class and the day is over before we know it. We head over to Grandma's. She had something to talk about.

We go in her office and she lectures us about the paper. Then the next part shocks me, "I don't know why I thought you would be a good fit for a queen, Mikayla! You are just as reckless as Mia!" "I am sorry, I had to save her. If that means getting my face on the paper stating that I am a Punk Princess then so be it."

After she's done with the lecture, we leave and I head to my spot. I sit on the swing and just think. "Why did I sign up for this?" "Why do I try so hard to please her?" "I wish I never found out I was a princess!" I put my head in my hands. I stay like that for awhile before I go home.

I get in the door and Brayleigh and Anthony are watching tv while eating pizza. "Can I join you?" I asked. "Sure. We're watching a really good movie." Says Anthony. We watch a movie while eating pizza. It was really fun. It took my mind off of being queen or princess.

It was getting late and we had to get to bed. I was out for the count.

~Next Day~

There stood Grandma in our living room

There stood Grandma in our living room. She had apologized for her rudeness. Mia and I are standing there, unamused. She had invited us to the ball this weekend.

She said she will have Joe pick us up. Mia declines and I accept the offer. She then says, please don't be late.

It's not me you should be worried about. I think Mia going to run away. But only time will tell.

I head to Michael's after saying bye to Mia. I get there and I knock on the door. "Come in!" I hear him yell. I walk in and asked him a very important question.

"Do you want to be my plus one for the ball?" "Yeah, Kayla." "Great, it's this weekend and Joe is going to pick us up. Please wear something formal." "That I can do." "You are the best." We hang for a little bit and head home.

I spend time with the family and then head up to bed. Lord knows how the ball will turn out.