Chapter 13

The Next Morning...

The alarm went off and I got up and ready

The alarm went off and I got up and ready. I then got the children ready then headed off to do my duties. 

Before I do that though, I quickly text Micheal. Then I went off to do my queenly duties. The first thing on the list is to check off documents and then go see Mia about finding a prince for her. We were eating popcorn and checking each prince thinking which one is the best. 

Lily is helping us. We surprised Mia with her coming. She had some time before going back to college. She is close to graduating. So, we figure it would do some good if they would see each other. It's already working wonders.

We check each prince, not liking something about him. Until, we ran upon Andrew. Mia liked him and we did too. So, we picked him to marry Mia. But first, I got to contact him. I contacted his parents and they liked the idea. We planned for them to meet. We got it all planned. 

Then I checked on my children and they were fine. I then went to my garden. I sat on the bench. Relaxing, from my day already. 

I am sitting, just thinking about Michael, the kids and everything that is going on in the palace. It is peaceful. I just want my family together. I don't want anything happening that can turn it worst.

I can't wait until Michael is safe and sound in my arms. I am going crazy, jumping to crazy conclusions. I am worrying and I will continue to worry until he is home.

Lily sits beside me. "How are you doing, Kayla?"

"Not so well. I am so scared of losing him. I am scared I won't have my family back together. I am a wreck. I need him. I miss him."

"I know. He will be home soon. Nothing is going to happen." 

" I know. But I keep jumping to conclusions. I don't know how to calm down my mind."

"Talking about it might help." 

"It's not just Michael. It's hard being a queen and a mother. Without Michael, I feel like I am failing."

"Mikayla, you aren't failing. You are a great queen and mother. If you need help, just ask. We will help you." 

"Thank you. It feels good talking about it."

"Anytime, Kayla. When you need to talk just let me know. I will listen."

"Thank you."

"Again, anytime."

We just talk about everything and it feels good to have a support system. We then go our separate ways. I had to work on more documents. Once, I sit in my chair. I read all of the documents and signed off the ones that were important. It was past midnight and I was tired. 

But I needed to finish them. But my body had other plans. In mid-sentence, I fell asleep. 

I woke up and saw it was past eight in the morning. I panicked. I ran to my room and got dressed. I met with grandma and Mia. We had to meet Andrew and his parents. 

"I'm sorry. I was working late and fell asleep. I didn't mean to sleep in." 

"Kayla, it's fine. It happens. Just calm down, everything is fine." said Grandma.

"Okay, I am calm." I say as I took a deep breath. 

"Okay, now. Let's go meet them." said Mia.

We met with Andrew and his parents. He is very nice. So are his parents. Mia and Andrew are getting along. Which I enjoyed. I want my sister to be happy even if I am not. 

Everywhere I am at, I keep thinking about Michael. I sent him a quick text. Hasn't been answering but I assumed he is busy.

I faked a smile while watching Mia having fun. They chased after her scarf and fell in the sand with laughter. 

It brought back memories. Me and Michael at the beach. I silently crying, missing him dearly.

I got a phone call. It was Micheal's manager, Robert. 

"Hello, Robert. Is everything going good?"

"Mikayla, I hate to give you this bad news."

"What kind of bad news?"

"The tour bus crashed and..."

"Yes?"

"Mikayla, Michael died in the crash. I am so sorry."

"What?! Is this a sick joke?"

"No, Mikayla. I am not joking. I wish I was." 

"My Michael is dead. My husband, the father of my children is dead?!"

"Yes, he is. I am so sorry for your loss." 

Then he hung up. 

He's dead. My beloved died. He died because of music. He died and is not coming back. How am I going to tell my children? How will I move on? Is this a nightmare? A nightmare that I can't wake up from. I dropped my phone into the sand. Then I fell on my knees, crying. Sobbing that my worst nightmare came true. 

I lost my best friend, my husband, companion, father of my children. I lost him and everything at once. My heart has been broken in two. 

I put my face in my hands, sobbing hysterically. 

I then screamed from the top of my lungs.

"NO!!!" 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Wow! That was a tearjerker. Comment what you thought about it. But use common sense when commenting. Be prepared for the next one. It will be a roller coaster. See you in the next chapter.