Chapter 2

I run down the stairs and quickly give my mom a quick I love you. I head to my car and get in. Then speed off to get to Michael's on time.

I get there and honk the horn extra loud. He comes busting out and gets in the car. I sped off to school.

I got to the school and parked. We got out running to get to homeroom on time. I tripped on my feet to get there on time. Michael catches me. We just keep going until we get to homeroom. We sit and rest.

We high five each other. Then class started.

It's the end of the school day, I run down the stairs and get to my car. I wait for Michael and Mia.

Sit there humming a tune. I think about how today going to be. It could be good or the opposite.

"Kayla!" I honk the horn. "Oh geez you scared me." I say while catching my breath. "Sorry, I was trying to get your attention." Said Michael

They get in the car and I drove off to Michael's. I get there and let him out. "See you tomorrow." I say. "Yeah, see you."

I drive off to meet my grandmother. I park my car and get out. We walk up and I spoke to the microphone. "Hello, my sister and I are here to meet our grandmother." "What's her name?" "Clarisse Renaldi." "Come on in." "Thank you."

We walk in and Mia walks on the grass. People were starting to yell at her in different languages. She ran off the grass.

I walk inside and the butler announced my and Mia's full names. To formal for me. Then the security guard checked us out. "Uh, be careful with my soy nuts." I had to laugh. Out of everything in that bag, she worries about her soy nuts. "Your soy nuts are fine." Said the guard.

We were lead into the living room. "Thank you." I say to the gentleman. "Your welcome."

We sit on the couch and I look at a vase with pears. "Hey, Mia. Look there is pears in a vase." I said amazed. "Cool."

Then a woman with blonde hair comes in while talking on the phone. "The prime minister's wife is allergic to goose feathers, we need to change her pillows." I look at her crazy. Really goose feathers?

"Hello, you must be Mikayla and Amelia."

"Yeah, I am Mikayla or Micky even Kayla. You can call me one of those. This is my sister Amelia or Mia. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, I am Charlotte."

"I have a question, why is there pears in a vase?"

"Genovia is known for pears. It's a tradition."

"Oh cool. Thanks for answering my question."

"No problem. Your grandmother will be here shortly."

"Okay, thanks."

Mia was looking around while I was talking to Charlotte. She is such a nice person.

I see my grandma come in and I get little bit uncomfortable. She stands in front of us. "Mikayla and Amelia, welcome. You look so...young."

We gave her a baffled look. "Thank you, you look so..." I trailed off. "Clean" Mia finished for me.

We all sat down and there was awkward silence.

She then headed us a gift.

She gave me a golden case and when I opened it, I saw a necklace.

I was amazed. I put it in my book bag. "Thank you." I say. "It was mine, when I was younger."

I look over at Mia and she has a sliver case and necklace. She liked it. But, when she put it in her bag. I had to close my eyes.

It was horrible. "Thank you, I will keep it safe." Mia said. "It was mine when I was younger." Grandma said.

Charlotte comes in and says that the tea is ready. We all get up and walk to the garden.

We all sit down and at first it was silence. Then, she asked us, something that was out of the blue.

"Do you know Edward Philip Garald Renaldi?"

We both shook our heads no. "No, why do we need to know who he is?" I asked quite curious.

"He is the crown prince of Genovia." "Yeah, and?"

"And he's your father."

Those words flew me for a loop. He's a prince and our father. Oh my gosh, we are princesses.

"Which means you two aren't just Mikayla and Amelia Thermopolis. You are Mikayla Gabriella Thermopolis and Amelia mignonette Thermopolis princesses of Genovia."

"Me? A princess? Shut up?" Said Mia. Grandma was shocked. Everyone had to tell her shut up means oh my gosh.

"Mikayla you are the next heir to rule." Oh no. What? "We don't know anything about being princesses." I said.

"I will teach you two how to be princesses. Eat, talk, stand, etc." Than the next thing, Mia gets up and runs.

"Oh there is one more thing." "What is it?" "You can't tell no one." What I have to lie to my best friend.

"Can't tell no one. Not even my best friend."

"Yep, no one."

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow."

I get up and grab my bag. I walk to my car. Then got in and drove off.

I got home and I could hear mom and Mia arguing. I walk pass them. I go into my room and get ready for bed.

I lay down and fall asleep.