Chapter 16

The Next Couple of Days...

It has been a couple of days

It has been a couple of days. I am slowly feeling better, thanks to Ryan. He takes me to the royal gym and workout. He has been a huge help. I am thankful for him.

I am glad that I have him to help me get back to well being me. I stopped drinking. I have been finding better ways to make me feel better.

We became super close. He has been good to the kids and they like him. Which makes me happy.

I slowly been getting some of my responsibilities of queen back. Today is the parade where Mia will ride Sandy. I will ride with her to keep anything from happening.

Luna and Sandy are great friends. They are mine and Mia's horses. So it should be easygoing.

Me and Ryan went to my room after a workout. We were talking and laughing. We went into my room and sat on the bed.

"That was a good workout." I say.

"I know. You are getting stronger each day."

"Well, that's thanks to you."

"Well, I got to thank you."

"For what?"

"Opening me up to having close relationships and instead of always working."

"Well, I guess we are helping each other."

" I guess we are."

We kept inching closer and closer until our lips touched.

Our lips moved in sync. I was finally happy. I think I am falling in love again. I am scared but I am willing to try it.

We unhook our lips and looked intently in each other's eyes.

"Man, you look so gorgeous!" He says.

"I agree, you look absolutely charming."

We started to kiss again when the door opened and a scream makes us jump.

"Ah! What are you doing?! Mikayla?! Oh my gosh!" Said Lily.

"Lily. What do you want?" I asked.

"Well I came in here to remind you get ready for the parade. But apparently you had important matters to attend." She hissed.

"Ryan. Can you give us a minute?"

"Absolutely." He says and walks out.

"What the heck, Lily?!"

"Excuse me?! I wasn't the one cheating on my brother?!"

"Lily! Your brother is dead!  I have been faithful until death do us part and it did!"

"It's still wrong! Mikayla, you have kids to worry about then hooking lips with your bodyguard!"

"I am still their mother. I take care of them. I also need to take care of myself so I can take care of my children. If it wasn't for Ryan, I wouldn't be able to do that!"