Chapter 7

The next day at school, me and Micheal were sitting at the bleachers. We were talking and eating lunch, when Mia came up to us. "Guess what happened to me?" "I don't know what?" I asked. "Josh Bryant asked me out to the beach party, Saturday!"

Oh no! She is in for it! I am too, oh crap! "Listen, Mia. I suggest that you be careful with him. He's a player and plus Lana will get back at you." "Sis, I am always careful." "Are you sure?" "I am a hundred percent sure." "Okay then."

She left to go tell some one else. That's when me and Michael look at each other with concerned looks. "I think it's a set up." I say. He nods, agreeing. "Hey, what if we go to keep an eye on her?" "That is a good idea. But we had plans." "We can always do it, next weekend."

"Okay, let's do it." "Great, I will pick you up at 7:00." "Okay."  We continued talking and laughing. Then it was time to get to Gym. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt.

Mia was at the net trying to stop the soccer balls. She kept getting hit and the teacher stopped it. I roll my eyes when Josh comes over and Mia gets the eyes for him. I know something is up. I got this feeling in my gut.

After school, Mia and I went to grandma's. She said she wanted us to show up for the dinner this Friday night. She then gets us started with our lesson and as soon it started, it finished.

We head home and work on homework. When mom comes in and tells us she has a date. "With who?" I asked. "Mia's history teacher." "Oh, well have fun. I like him for the record." She laughs and heads out. Without mom knowing, Mia tells me how she feels about it. I just listen and let her get it off her chest.

Now let's skip to the dinner party. I am in my room, getting ready for the party. I fixed my hair and had this beautiful dress on.

I was going to leave when I heard the doorbell

I was going to leave when I heard the doorbell. I ran down the stairs and opened the door. There stood Michael, with a smile. "Wow, you look great." "Thanks, I have to get to a dinner party." "Oh, sweet." "I guess." "I will be quick." "Okay, what is it?"