We Do Not Wrestle Against Flesh And Blood

Ephesians 6:12-13
NKJV
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

See the Spirit behind it all

We don't just live in a physical world but a spiritual world. Jesus revealed this mystery to us with Peter.

Matthew 16:17-18
NKJV
16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Jesus could discern that what influenced Peter's response wasn't his own human intelligence and knowledge. The source was divine. The source came straight from God. The spirit of revelation communicated this truth to Peter. I'm sure Peter didn't hear an audible voice or see a vision of this truth but rather he spoke. His words weren't His own but influenced by the spirit of revelation.

But we also read of a time when God wasn't speaking through Peter but rather the enemy.

Matthew 16:21-23
NKJV
21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Jesus here could discern that the source of Peter's words wasn't from God or Peter. It was influenced by the enemy. The enemy influenced Peter's words.

The enemy indeed uses people to hurt us. The enemy uses people to frustrate us and uses them to bring us to sin. The true source of all the problems we see is spiritual. There is a spiritual battle going on between the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of light. We are on the kingdom of light's side and because we are, we automatically become the enemy's opposing team.

Our desires are opposites. We desire unity and peace. The kingdom of darkness desires chaos and division. We desire blessing and joy, the kingdom of darkness desires curses and pain. We desire freedom and love, the kingdom of darkness desires bondage and chains.

Our goals, desires and aim are different and contrary to each other. The enemy is anti-God.

We are legal here on earth because of our flesh, our bodies and God wants us vessels to move, act and speak. God uses us to achieve His aims His goal, and His desires. The kingdom of darkness needs bodies. They need vessels to operate here on this earth.

God uses us and fills us with His Holy Spirit to do His will and to make an impact. The kingdom of darkness uses people to accomplish their will, and desires and make an impact upon people.

That's why often it will appear as though it is flesh and blood fighting you. The people insulting you, the people who wrongly treated you, hurt you, abused you. Thieves, liars, murders etc are used by the enemy to achieve the goal to kill, steal and destroy while God gives life more abundantly and sets the captives free (John 10:10, Luke 4:18, John 8:36)

We need to understand that the spiritual realm is real. Where every day, 24 hours after 24 hours the kingdom of darkness, principalities, spirits of fear, bondage, attacks, lust etc all seek to devour people. They whisper lies to people. They speak to people to bring hatred, pain, anger, unforgiveness, pride, and selfishness, into people's hearts for the purpose to bring darkness bondage, death etc.