Look Forward To Eternity In Christ

Colossians 3
ESV
Put On the New Self
3 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Look Forward To Eternity In Christ

Something me and my sister discussed was how in life sometimes we can desire different seasons.

I thought about how often people desire marriage but with the wrong mindset. They expect that marriage, though it will be a blessing to bring full satisfaction and fulfilment. I then began to think about how I often had this mindset with other things. When I was a kid I wanted to be a teenager in high school, when I started high school it wasn't what I expected. I expected that once I'm a bit older I'll have more respect, freedom and joy but I soon realised that though you have some blessings, some things come with it. The fact that you have more responsibilities, and hormones, and have to work toward your future, the list could go on and on.

Often we have this excitement about reaching milestones in life. We think:

Can't wait to graduate.
Can't wait to earn my own money.
Can't wait to get married.
Can't wait to have my own home.
Can't wait to have my own kids.
Can't wait to travel the world.
Can't wait for my ministry to grow.

But something I learned is seasons can look very shiny from afar but once you're in that desired season, you'll realise everything has its ups and downs. Nothing can truly be a perfect season where we can say "wow, everything is perfect"

Because the moment you start feeling as if something is your perfect satisfaction and fulfilment, that's when the storms of life remind you that though you earn your own money you have bills. Though you are married, marriage comes with its own burdens too. Though the ministry is growing, you have more responsibility. Though you have kids, kids come with their own burdens too. Though you are graduating, you still have a lot to think about and plan regarding your future.

I spoke to my sister about how all these storms of life are little reminders that we won't be truly satisfied with anything else either than Jesus. Only Jesus can fully satisfy because He doesn't change. Our hope should be on eternity not on anything else in this world to complete us. No matter how great a blessing is, you'll still have tears, still have sorrow and weep in some areas but in eternity, we have full joy. We don't cry anymore. We don't weep anymore. We don't mourn anymore. We don't see the pain of death. We don't see temptation anymore. We don't see sin anymore. Every blessing though wonderful, on this earth, won't fulfil you like Jesus does and give constant abundant joy as eternity will.

Find your satisfaction in Jesus and you'll never be disappointed. People can disappoint you. That job can disappoint you. Kids can even disappoint you but Jesus, when His your all, whether you're poor today or rich tomorrow, whether in pain today or rejoicing tomorrow, whether you're filled with ache or happiness, whether sick or healthy if Jesus is your everything you'll always have joy and peace. You'll always have hope that after all this pain I'm going through, my eternity is secured in Jesus and this temporary pain, these trials, this confusion will soon pass and I can enter into joy with my King.

Once you've accepted Christ as your Lord and saviour, you have the assurance of your eternity. In Him, you're forgiven, redeemed and have eternal life.

So today, whatever you're holding in your life as something you believe will bring you joy, keep in mind that it can disappoint you and everything has storms of its own but always look forward to eternity with Jesus. Look forward to just being with Jesus every day, in joy, in peace, in happiness forever, no matter how messy things get, you're standing on a solid ground of hope.

And sis, your faith won't be easily shaken when that's your focus.

Revelation 21:1-4
ESV

The New Heaven and the New Earth

21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

-etty