Faith is More Than a Feeling

Today has been a rough day for me, though I'm not quite sure why. My mind has been all over the place, and I've felt really down. I feel so distant from God, and as if I'm all alone.

The problem with my logic is that God promises to never leave us or forsake us, and I've come to learn that faith is much more than a feeling.

The second half of Matthew 5:45 says, "He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous" (NIV).

This verse reminds us that no matter how we live, good or evil, we will all encounter problems in life. It rains on the just and the unjust. We may have thoughts like, "Why is this happening to me?" or "How could this have happened?" Even as Christians, just like the rest of the world, we will face problems.

The difference between believers and non-believers is this: "For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).

We may feel disassociated with God, and we may feel as though we are alone in our battles and left to fight problems by ourselves. Faith is more than a feeling, though. It takes remembering even simple verses as these to get through trying times.

Life is hard for everyone. Godly or wicked, it doesn't matter. Problems are thrown our way that seems almost unbearable, and we may even find ourselves doubting God and feeling as though we are too far away from him.

Remember his promise. He will never leave you, and he will never forsake you. Though you may feel as if your world is crashing down, God knows your situation and he knows that you're hurting. He hasn't left you, though you feel as though he's distant.

I leave you with these words: Faith is more than a feeling, it's knowing the truth and clinging to it, no matter what your situation is. Remember God's promises, and rest assured in knowing that you are not alone in your battles, no matter how alone you may feel.

God bless all of you!

N.B.