Chapter 3: Going home.

Luna and Scarlet both were friendly. They made sure I was not thinking of bad things. Not that I was. But Dad and their Dad were worried every time they stared over at me.

"Are you okay?" Luna touched me on the shoulder. "You look sad, Elsa!"

I looked up at her. "I'm fine."

Dad reached out and held my hand which was hovering over my KFC box. "Eat up, Princess. You need your strength."

I looked down at my Boneless Banquet, my stomach churning. I couldn't eat anything. My mind was on what Mom would say if she knew I made friends. I bit my lip nervously, feeling tears in my eyes. Scarlet and Luna put their arms round me.

"I can't," I said.

"Come on," said Luna. "It looks tasty."

"Not hungry," I admitted.

"You were earlier," said Dad looking worried.

"Well, I'm not now, Daddy," I said.

"It's not to do with your Mama?" Dad sounded concerned.

I nodded. I wanted so much to be friends with Luna and Scarlet. They seemed like nice girls. But I was worried about what that person would say.

***

An hour later, I had managed to eat all my food. I felt better after it, too! Luna, Scarlet and their dad walked out of KFC, wishing us good luck for facing Mother when we return to her. I held dad's hand, feeling scared. He sensed it and put his arms round me. "Everything will be okay, Princess."

I hoped he was right. He led me to the car and buckled me up.

"Let's get home," He said getting in the front.

He put the key in and started the engine. I felt my eyes closed. I felt tired.. anxiety got the better of me and made me exhausted. I fell asleep and didn't remember anything else of the journey.

***

I felt pain. I don't remember anything. What happened?

"You treat her like she isn't important Diana." Dad's angry voice hit my ears. "Why did you do that?"

"Take her away," snarled mother. "She's not my daughter."

"You gave birth to her," snapped dad. "You are a Bitch, Diana. I hope the devil will take you for a mate!"

Blood was staining my neck. What did she do to me?

"Not if you get that first," snarled mother.

"What's that soppose to mean?" Dad sounded scared.

"Oh, nothing," said Mother slyly.

I felt dad shake. Was I in his arms? I felt scared. What did Mother mean?

———————

A/M:

Sorry for a shorter chapter and a long wait. I was so busy and still am. But I thought I might as well finish this chapter.

Check out my new book My Hero. It's not a LGBTQQAI+ book. But it's still Diverse. Please check it out.

I'm not sure when I'm updating this one again yet.