Chapter 4: two days later!

It was two days later. My birthday to be exact.

I thought it wouldn't get any bad than one slap across the legs. But unfortunately for me, it did get worse.

"Daddy!" I ran to dad with my scarred arms out wide. "Cuddle!"

Dad picked me up and held me close. "Happy birthday, darling!"

"What's Birtday?" I asked innocently.

"A special day to celebrate your life year after year," said dad smiling at me.

"Okay," I said. "My birtday is today!"

"Yes," said dad. "I hope things will go okay. Although I don't know where your mother is going!"

"Oh," I said looking worried.

"You shot her?" Came mom's voice from downstairs. "Them kids are alone?"

"Oh god," sighed dad. "Mama and her gang again."

"It's not Luna and Scarlet's Mama?" I felt sick, remembering about the two girls I met two days ago. "Daddy? I'm scared."

"Why?" Asked dad. "Scared I will die?"

"Yes," I said blinking. "You won't leave me, right?"

Dad looked thoughtful. "Listen, honey. If anything was to happen, you need to promise me to be brave and strong. There are so many people outside this house that would help you in life. I may not be here all the time. But I'm always here," he gently touched my chest where my heart was. "Who knows, though. I might not leave you."

"Hope not, daddy!" I looked at him. "But who is out there?"

"Lots of kind people," said Dad. "Not just Scarlet and Luna. I know someone with a  kind heart and has two girls that may play a great role in your life."

"I don't want to loose you though," I said.

"I don't want you to worry," said dad. "Promise me?"

I nodded. "I promise."

"We better go downstairs," sighed dad as mum's voice came up to us. "Celestia has a present for you."

I nodded and we went downstairs.

Celestia came up to me and handed something. I opened it and smiled. It was a toy dog.

"Wish mama wouldn't hurt you," said my sister. "But she does."

I just looked at my feet. "You do sometimes."

"Only because mama makes me." Celestia stared down at her feet. "Where are your glasses?"

"Lost them," I mumbled.

"Here it is," Mum came into the room. "What does it want?"

"Elisabeth isn't an it," snapped dad.

"I'm a girl," I found my voice.

"You have to be silent," snapped mum glaring at me.

"It's my birthday," I whimpered backing up.

Mum came at me again. "Get to your room."

I screamed as she got her stick out. Dad picked me up and glared at her. "Drop that stick, Diana."

But mum didn't.  She grabbed me out of his arms and slapped me hard. I felt dizzy as she did it.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 4. I was hinting about something. And if you haven't read that particular book on WolfieFrozenFangirl yet, please do! I recently updated that, too!

Chapter 5 will be an upsetting one. So be prepared.