Chapter 6: Bad news.

A/N:
May be triggering. Plus a lot of this will be sad.

***

I held on to my dog teddy, trying to think of a name for it. It was kind of putting my mind off things. Mother had gone out, again! Celestia was with me, yet again!

"You will be okay, Eli!" She hugged me. "You are brave."

"Oh, you think?" I felt unsure.

"Of course," said Celestia.

We stared at one another. I felt a sinking feeling. I couldn't help it. I was so worried!

"Shall we do  something?" Celestia asked. "To put your mind off things?"

"Okay," I said.

Celestia turned off the television. The first thing to come on was a nature programme. I watched as a wolf went after a small creature. Not sure exactly what it was. Lexis looked interested in the Wolf on the screen. Probably because it was similar to her. At least it wasn't me that that dog was glaring at. Celestia put an arm round me. "Wow, sis. You are so skinny. I'm surprised no one has come to our house."

"What do you mean?" I felt strangely happy. I would be happy to get out of the hell hole that is my home. "You think I will be taken away?"

"If someone that comes in from Social care comes in, seeing what Mummy does to you then yeah," said Celestia. "Oh poor creature."

I watched as the wolf finally caught its pray. "It makes me feel scared," I admitted. "The Wolf is Mummy coming to hurt me."

"Do you want me to turn it off?" Celestia asked.

I nodded.

"Okay," said Celestia getting the remote-controller. "Let's put on a child friendly thing for us. No, that's the ... news."

"Wait," I said. "Is that daddy's car?" I pointed to the car on the news report. "It's smashed."

"Shush," Celestia put a finger to her lips.

I looked at the smashed car. Then a Red-headed man was there, talking to a reporter.

"He was a best friend of mine," he said.

Was?

"But my wife decided to do this," the man continued. "My daughters and I got out the car in time. But ..."

"... Daddy?" I felt the colour drain from my face.

"My friend didn't make it." The man managed to say."

"Thank you, Mr Baker!" Came the reporter's voice. "Are your kids safe?"

"We were taking my eldest to hospital," said the man. "But my wife decided to go another way."

"Daddy?" Came a little girl's voice.

I noticed that her eyes were a bit bloodshot and had a white glow. She had lines coming out of her top. She looked like her hair was falling out.

"One moment, honey," said the man hugging her gently. "Just talking."

Celestia saw my face. Then hugged me as I started to wail.

"Daddy's not dead daddy isn't dead," I felt those words spill out my mouth.

"Let me turn this off!" Celestia said, turning off the news.

She hugged me tight as I burst into tears. "Oh, Eli. I'm sorry! I wished it wasn't true. But that Man was there at the scene."

I knew she was sorry. But I couldn't stop crying. I lost the only person that made me feel safe. I felt alone. So alone!

———————

A/N P2:

Poor Elisabeth. And from now on, it will be worse for her. Well up until chapter twelve.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter despite the detail.

Wolfie outt!