Omega's Nightmare

Hi Bad Batchers! So I'll try to update as much as I can. I write whenever I have time so I'll try not to make it more than a week between updates. Please leave some ideas down in the comments so this can continue and don't forget to follow me! :)

This one takes place somewhere around episode 9 and 10 in the series.

Hunter's POV

I was taking first watch. My eyes drooped and I could hardly stay awake. The past few days have been exhausting. Before I knew it I was asleep. Minutes later somebody tapped my arm.

"Hunter?" a quiet voice asked. 

"Hmm?" I mumbled, half asleep.

"Hunter, please," Omega cried. 

Omega?

My eyes shot open to see Omega standing next to me with tears rolling down her face. She was clutching Wrecker's Lula doll close to her. 

"Omega? What happened? Are you okay?" I asked panicked. 

"I-I had a bad dream," she cried.

"Come here." I picked her up and laid her head on my chest.

"Shhhhhh, you're okay. It wasn't real."

She was shaking and wouldn't stop crying. She only had a few other nightmares since we rescued her from the bounty hunters and neither of us were used to it yet. I've had my own experience with nightmares and they aren't the nicest things in the galaxy. It's probably like torture to her.

"It-it was so real," she whimpered. 

"Shhhhhh, I know. I know. Try to go back to sleep."

"I can't."

"Yes you can. I know you can. Just try, baby, you need sleep."

"I don't want to, I'll have another one." She started crying harder. 

"Shhhhhh, it's okay." I comforted her as I stood up. She was crying too loudly and I didn't want to wake everybody else up. I carried her out to the door of the Marauder and sat down on the steps. I cradled her in my arms. 

"Hey, Omega. Look up." I told her. 

She hesitated for a moment but listened. Her eyes grew wide as she took in the sight above her. The stars twinkled like fireflies above us. Omega was fascinated with stars. That first time we took her into hyperspace, she loved it. She looked at me and softly smiled. The moon and stars shone down on her face. I wiped the tears from her cheeks and returned the smile. 

"All better?" 

She nodded. She adjusted her position so she was leaning her back against me.

"What makes them twinkle? And how are there so many of them?" she asked. 

"I don't know, kid, you'd have to ask Tech that one," I laughed. 

"What are they made of? And-"

"Omega, you have to go to sleep," I smiled. 

Her smile faded and was replaced with worry.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be here if you wake up, alright?"

"Promise?" she asked quietly. 

"I promise."

She was silent after that. She continued to stare up at the starry sky until I heard her soft snores. I gently picked her up and walked inside. Tech was on his shift now. He heard my footsteps and whirled around in his chair and pointed his blaster towards me. He realized it was me and lowered it.

"Sorry," he muttered. "I thought you were a threat."

"It's okay, I didn't warn you."

His eyes studied Omega's tear-stained face resting on my shoulder.

"Did she have another nightmare?"

"Yeah," I replied a little sadly. "I'm staying with her tonight."

"Okay. Goodnight."

I quietly walked towards Omega's room. I sat down in the chair as gently as I could, but not enough. She was startled awake, thinking someone was taking her. 

"No stop!" she cried. She pushed away from me.

"Hey, it's me. It's me." I said trying to comfort her.

"Hunter!"

"Shhhhhh, I'm right here, baby." I hugged her close to me and didn't let her go. 

"Hunter?"

"I'm right here, don't worry. It's okay."

She cried softly onto me.

"Shhhhh, go back to sleep." 

I was determined to protect Omega. No matter what it took.