Sick

Thanks @tbb_hunters_tattoo for the suggestion! Enjoy! :)

Hunter's POV

As I walked into the cockpit, a warm feeling filled me. The one whenever Omega was around. The one that had become more frequent, filling me with a sense of security. Her tiny body was curled on the pilot's chair, knees drawn to her chest, fast asleep. I smiled and kneeled down next to her. I hated to need to wake her, but it was time to eat and she would be starving if she didn't. 

"C'mon 'Meg. Dinner's ready."

No reply. I placed my hand on her shoulder to gently shake her, but she woke from the physical contact alone. She felt warm, too warm. She groaned as she lifted her head. She noticed the concern on my face and her expression turned into one of those messy emotions that I had no idea how to fix. 

"What's happening? Did...did I do something wrong?" 

"No no no, you didn't do anything wrong. You feel okay?"

"I...everything's so warm and my stomach hurts... and I-I don't know," she mumbled, close to tears. 

"Hey, how about we eat and maybe you'll feel better?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm not hungry." 

"Can you eat a little bit?" I asked, wanting her to at least eat something. 

"Yeah, I-I guess so." 

She slid off of the chair and I placed my hand on her back to help guide her. She swayed as she walked, needing to grab my arm in order to not fall over. I handed the food to her. She took it and sat down. She choked down a few bites before she put it down and ran to the refresher. I followed her there. I kneeled down next to her and rubbed her back as she threw up the contents she just ate. She coughed a few times and sat back, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. 

"All done?"

She sniffled and nodded. She slumped into my arms and I shifted to sit on the floor, placing Omega in my lap. She leaned her back and head against my chest, wrapping her arms tightly around her stomach. 

"It hurts," she whimpered, a few tears falling from her eyes.

"I know. You'll be okay, just breathe."

I placed one arm around her stomach as well, while I ran my other hand through her hair, which was all sweaty from her fever. She took a few shaky breaths until Tech walked in, with Echo and Wrecker standing close by. Tech kneeled down next to us and used the med scanner on Omega. 

"Food poisoning. She must have eaten some spoiled food, so therefore she is sick. She will recover in a couple days with proper treatment and rest."

"Wait... food poisoning?" I asked, trying to keep my panic contained so Omega would remain calm. She didn't need anything else upsetting her right now. 

"It's not actual poison, she just ate some bad food. She will be alright. We just need to get her hydrated." 

Tech filled a cup with cold water in the sink and handed it to me. I helped tip the glass to her lips. She took a few small sips before she pushed out of my arms and vomited up all the water.

"She's not gonna be able to keep anything down," I sighed, hating to see Omega in pain like this. 

"Make it stop," she cried, gripping onto the edge of the toilet, shaking. I sat next to her, stroking her head softly. 

Tech tapped away on his datapad for remedies. "I found something that we could try," he said, getting up and leaving the refresher. He came back a moment later with some plain crackers. 

"Have her eat a few of these, it should help." He handed me the package while I moved Omega back into my lap. I handed one to her but she refused. 

"I don't wanna throw up again," she cried, pushing my hand away. 

"Omega, it'll help, you have to trust us."

She nodded and took the cracker with a shaky hand. She nibbled on it as I played with her hair again, hoping she could at least get something into her. She finished the first one and reached for another. 

"She seems to be keeping it down fine," Tech stated. "Let's try the water again."

Tech refilled the cup with fresh water and Omega took it. She drank over half of it with no signs of throwing up again, then finished the rest. Tech grabbed a cool, wet cloth and wiped her hands and face. She leaned against me and closed her eyes, finally in the clear of being sick, at least for now.

"She is most likely able to keep down medication now. Here are some fever reducers." 

I had her take the meds, along with another cup of water. I carried her to my bunk, knowing she would want to be with us tonight. I laid her down gently, her tiny body exhausted from the past hour. She cracked her eyes open, giving me a weak smile. I returned it and stroked her head. 

"Good job, 'Meg. You did good," I told her. She hummed her thanks and closed her eyes. I leaned down and kissed her temple. I stood and began to strip down to my blacks. I laid down next to her, putting her between the wall and myself, acting as a shield.

"Wake me up if you need anything, okay?"

She nodded and scooted closer to me, seeking comfort and warmth.  I smiled and wrapped my arm around her.

"Goodnight Omega. Sleep well."

"Goodnight," she mumbled, before falling into a deep and peaceful sleep.