Pranked

This one takes place around episode 6 or 7 :)

Hunter's POV

"Hey, Tech, have you seen Omega?" I asked.

"Yes, I believe she is outside," he replied, not looking up from his datapad.

"Thanks."

I walked outside. Omega was sitting on the steps, kicking small rocks with her toe. 

"Hey, kid." I sat down beside her. 

"Hi," she muttered. 

"You should come inside." 

"Yeah, yeah. We're just laying low. Why can't we go out and do something?"

I sighed. "I know it's boring just staying here, Omega, but it's for the best."

She frowned and continued kicking the rocks. 

I studied her for a moment. This was no life for a kid. And I decided to do something about it.

"You wanna pull some pranks?" I asked her. 

Her face lit up. "Really?"

"Yeah. You pick."

"Ok, what if we... steal a few credits a day from everybody and see when they notice." she grinned at me. 

I couldn't help but smile back. 

"Omega, we don't steal," I playfully scolded her.

"Well, we're not really going to steal them, just borrow them. Temporarily," she said innocently. "We'll take like one a day or something." She held up one finger to convince me. 

"Alright."

"Yes! We'll do it once they go to sleep tonight." She jumped up from the steps, took my hand, and made me get up as well. "Can we get some Mantell mix?"

"Fine, but only one carton." I told her. We kept racking up debt with Cid since we've been on Ord Mantell, but I'll do whatever makes Omega happy. 

"Thank you, Hunter." Omega smiled up at me, still holding my hand. 

"Anytime." 

Over the next few days, we 'stole' one or two credits a day from Tech, Echo, and Wrecker. We hid them in a secret spot so they wouldn't find them. Just over a week in, Wrecker noticed. 

"Hey, where did my credits go!" 

Omega and I were sitting side by side and we glanced knowingly at each other. Omega stifled her giggles. I smiled and put a finger to my lips, but Wrecker heard her.

"It was you, you little womp rat!" he smiled at started chasing her around Cid's parlor. Omega laughed and ran away. She didn't get very far, due to Wrecker's long strides. He scooped her up in his arms and started tickling her. 

"Wrecker stooooppp!" she giggled. She scrambled around in his arms as she tried to get away. 

"Hand over the credits," he growled in a mock-Imperial voice.

"Okay, okay, just put me down," Omega laughed. 

Wrecker gently placed her on the ground. 

"Okay let me go find them." She skipped into the other room. 

"You were part of this, weren't you?" he pressed me jokingly.

"Maybe, maybe not." I shrugged and smirked. He punched me playfully in the arm. 

Omega came running back in with all the credits. She grabbed the handful we had taken from Wrecker and put them in his open hand.

"There's yours." She gave Echo his next, who looked confused at what was happening. Tech gave her a small smile when she gave him his. 

She ran back over to me with credits still in her hand. 

"And here's yours, Hunter." She smiled and held her hand up. 

"Wait..." I was so confused. She smiled mischievously up at me. 

"I stole yours too. While you were asleep."

I ruffled her hair.

"I don't know what we'd do without you, kid."