Overwhelmed

So I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to update for about a week. I'll try to think of ideas over vacation, though. Sorry about the inconvenience!

This is based off one of the headcanons I have of Hunter. Please DO NOT steal this idea, but you may ask permission to use this and credit me for the idea. This takes place sometime when the Bad Batch are staying on Ord Mantell. Make sure so follow, vote, and leave ideas down in the comments! Enjoy! :)

Omega's POV

"Omega, stay close to me." Hunter told me. 

We were getting some food and other supplies out in Ord Mantell City. Hunter volunteered to get them and I asked to go with him. He said yes but keeps telling me to stay close and don't go off without him. It's extremely busy out today and I can tell Hunter doesn't like it.

"Come on, Omega." He took my hand as I got distracted by a stand selling delicious looking fruit. 

We went to a ration stand and Hunter pulled out his credits. He was just about to pay when we heard blaster shots down the street. He immediately put himself  between me and the commotion. Two people ran down the street. They were a different species, one I didn't recognize. They were followed closely by local police. 

"You okay?" Hunter asked me as he searched me for injuries.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

He bought the food and took my hand again. 

"Come on, let's head back." 

We heard more blaster shots in the distance. We hurried down one of the main roads when suddenly, Hunter took a right down one of the alleys.

"Hunter, Cid's place is that way." I pointed down the main road. 

He didn't answer. He dropped the rations on the floor and sat down against a wall. He pulled his knees to his chest and hid his face.

"Hunter?" 

I put my hand on his arm, concerned. He was shaking. 

"Hunter." 

He didn't respond. I commed Tech.

"Tech, something's wrong with Hunter." I told him, worried.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I don't know. He just seemed really anxious after we heard some blaster fire. He took me down an alley and won't respond to me." I explained. 

"Blaster fire?" he replied worried.

"It was just some local black market dealers, I think."

"I'll inform Wrecker to come and assist you."

"But...is Hunter going to be okay?"

"Yes, Omega, he will be fine. I will explain in more detail once you get back here."

"Okay. Thank you."

I turned back to Hunter. He was still shaking. 

"Hunter?"

"Omega?"

He looked up at me. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, panicked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm more worried about you."

Wrecker found us a minute later and helped pull Hunter to his feet. 

"Come on, Sergeant. Let's get you back. Come on, kid." He smiled in my direction as he told me to follow. I picked up the food Hunter dropped and kept up with them. 

When we got back to Cid's, Wrecker led him into the other room. I tried to follow but Echo stopped me and kneeled down in front of me.

"He needs time, Omega." He put his hand on my shoulder. 

"But time for what?" I felt so confused. I didn't even understand what happened. 

Tech walked over and finally explained what was happening.

"Due to his heightened senses, Hunter often experiences sensory overload. It is usually stress induced. Some common symptoms are anxiety, irritability, discomfort, and the inability to focus. Normally, he can push through it, but today must be one of his more severe cases."

"Tech, that is not comforting her," Echo told him coldly. 

"Does this happen a lot?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, he has had this occur during multiple battles during the Clone Wars." 

I frowned and glanced towards the room Hunter was currently in. Echo followed my gaze.

"He needs time to clear his mind."

I nodded and he pulled me into a hug.

"He'll be okay, don't worry." 

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No, sweetheart, he's just worried about something happening to you," he comforted me.

"Can I go see him later?"

"Yeah, later."

He pulled away and smiled at me.

"Come on. Let's get you something to eat.'

Hunter's POV

"Hunter?"

Omega peeked into the room. 

"Hey." I said motioning her over.

She walked over to me and curled up in my lap.

"Are you okay?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll be okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, this has happened before. And about that-"

"I know, Tech told me." She hugged me tighter. 

We sat like that for several moments in silence.

"I was just worried that something would happen to you." I said, breaking the quiet of the back room. 

"But nothing will. Right?" She looked up at me.

"I'll make sure of it."