6 - SPECIAL GRADE CURSE

A/N: hello all! at the beginning of the book I said that y/n was a grade 4 sorcerer but I changed it to special grade :) thanks!

You, Itadori, Megumi, and Kugisaki stand in front of the jail as the rain pours while Ijichi-sensei gave you all orders.

"Our window verified the curse womb three hours ago. Once 90 percent were successfully evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center. Citizens within a 500-meter radius have been evacuated, as well." Ijichi reported.

"Ijichi-san, question. What's a "window" here?" Itadori asked.

"A window is a member of Jujutsu High who can see curses. They aren't sorcerers, though." Ijichi said.

"Oh, okay."

"Let's continue. Detainee Block 2. At present, five detainees remain there with the curse womb. If this curse womb is the type that metamorphoses, we predict it will become a special-grade cursed spirit." Ijichi said.

You could feel Megumi's and Kugisaki's thumping heart as they heard the word "special-grade".

"Hey, so... I still don't really understand what "special-grade" means." Itadori said breaking the tense atmosphere and Megumi and Kugisaki both sigh in annoyance.

"Then allow me to explain it so even idiots can understand. First there's Grade 4. A wooden bat is enough for them. Grade 3. If you have a hand gun, you can rest easy. Grade 2. Close call with a shotgun. Grade 1. Even a tank may be insufficient. Then there's Special-Grade. Let's say you might be on even footing if you carpet bomb it with cluster bombs." Ijichi explained.

"That's real bad!" Itadori exclaimed.

"Normally a jujutsu sorcerer on par with a cursed spirit would take on the mission. On a day like today, that would be Gojo-sensei." Megumi added.

"I-I see. So where is Gojo-sensei?" Itadori asked.

"Away on business." you answered.

"Huh?"

"Gojo-sensei is the strongest Jujutsu sorcerer of this era. A guy like him shouldn't even be loafing around in a school in the first place. Besides... I find this weird how there's a Special Grade curse with the same presence of Sukuna's finger here the minute Gojo-sensei left..." you said.

"What? Sukuna's finger?" Megumi questioned.

"Yeah. The Special-Grade cursed spirit in there has possession of one of Sukuna's fingers." you said then paused to look at Megumi. "This is a hunch, but since the higher-ups are so fiesty to kill Itadori, and Gojo-sensei is the only person stopping them, putting a Special-Grade cursed spirit while the third and second-years gone and with Gojo-sensei gone too, this is a perfect way to kill Itadori." you said.

It was quiet as everyone took in your theory as true and pondering what to do next.

"W-Well, even if your hunch is true, Y/N, we have no choice but to follow through or else many people will get hurt." Ijichi said. "The current case needs to be done. It's an urgent and abnormal one. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a Special-Grade, you options are to run or die. Please listen to your fears. Do not forget your mission. Verify and rescue survivors."

You nodded your head and glanced to the corner of your eye to look at Itadori. Even without your hyakumanako eyes, you could see that he was worried and a little scared.

"Don't worry." you whispered to Itadori. "I won't let the stupid higher-ups kill you." you smiled through your mask.

Itadori looked at you for a second before giving you a closed eye smile. "Thanks."