12 - ENVY

You, Itadori, and Nanami-sensei stand in front of the bloody scene in the cinema. Something about high school students dying and their blood spilling was nostalgic to you.

It gave you a glimpse of who you are.

"Can you see it? This is the residual taint of cursed energy." Nanami-sensei said.

"No I can't see anything." Itadori said with an air headed expression.

"That's because you're not trying to see it." you knocked his head.

"We typically see curses as if it's perfectly natural to. When a cursed technique is used, it leaves traces behind. That's a residual." Nanami explained.

"They're pretty hard to see, so focus your vision and look closely." you added.

Itadori put hands around his eyes, like goggles, and stared intensely at the ground with a goofy expression.

"Hey I see it!" Itadori finally said.

"A proper sorcerer can sense them before seeing them." Nanami replied which made Itadori grunt in frustration as you added to the teasing while nodding your head and smirking.

Itadori only stomped away like a child.

"Can't you give me more praise or something?" Itadori whined.

"I don't praise anyone. I see facts. That's who I am." Nanami said. "There was a time when I mistakenly believed society operated the same way. Anyways, let's follow them."

"Yeah! Let's go all out!"

"No, moderate effort only."

Itadori let out another disappointed expression.

"Y/N!" Itadori whispered. "I can't can't click with me! How do you two get along?"

"Hm? Oh, I just don't bother him. Nanami-sensei isn't the type to be outgoing. He's only here for business, like Megumi." you respond.

But it is kinda odd how we had to be with Nanami-sensei for this. Gojo is such a lazy man...

Flashback.

"I won't be able to lead you two this time. But don't worry. I've called in a friend." Gojo said opening the door to show an all too familiar person to you, Kento Nanami-sensei. "This is Nanami Kento, the ex-salaryman jujutsu sorcerer!"

"Don't call me that." Nanami immediately said with an unimpressed face.

"Oh, Nanami-sensei. It's good to see you again." you bowed respectfully to which he only nodded.

"Plenty of jujutsu sorcerers are oddballs, but since he's worked for a company he's got a good head on his shoulders. He's a first-grade sorcerer, too." Gojo explained.

"I'm sure no one would want to hear you saying that about them." Nanami retorts.

"Ex-salaryman? Why didn't you become a jujutsu sorcerer from the start?" Itadori asked.

"I studied at Jujutsu high, and one thing I learned... is that jujutsu sorcerers are B.S!" Nanami said with passion.

"Huh?" Itadori muttered with a dumbfounded look on his face while you were just laughing.

"Then I worked at a typical company, and one thing I learned... is that work is B.S!" Nanami said.

"Really?!" Itadori said.

"If both are equally B.S, I'll settle for the one that's better. That's the only reason I came back." Nanami said.

"That's dark." Itadori whispered to you and Gojo.