Rules.

Raines POV

The sunlight streamed across my eyes. I peeled them open and glanced at the green velvet sheets below me. My hair was tossed in a mess, wounds still fresh from the trauma of my decisions. I shouldn't have run away from Genevieve like that. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten myself nearly killed.

Maybe I wouldn't have had the experiences I did with Draco. Draco.

His arm was tossed across my chest. His head was resting just above mine, his chin lightly touched the top of my hair. One of his legs was tossed over both of mine. Big enough to cover both because of his height. To be quite frank, I didn't want to move. My scars from last night were in pain. People would ask questions, I would have to hide them.

God what I wouldn't do for some mugworm right now. I felt Dracos hand slowly squeeze my side as he stirred awake. I met his eyes, he was definitely sleepy. He struggled to keep them open between blinks. He looked down at me and gave me a smirk. I replied with a silent smile. Everything that I needed was right here in this moment.

And it was about to be ruined.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Genevieves POV

Was I still mad at Raine? Yes. Livid in fact. How could she abandon me in such a time, endanger her life likely, and leave me out of the loop? Should I start planning her funeral? Only god knows what rogue dark wizards would do to the daughter of a pure blood governess. Besides, we were going to be late for breakfast. I got dressed in my robes and made my way down the hall. I'm a logical person, and the only logical explanation would be that if things went the way I think they did, Raine is in Dracos room.
I pushed past closed doors of the girls side of the hall and knocked swiftly on Dracos door. I could hear slight stirring.

A few seconds.
The door opened to reveal Draco, in a disheveled shirt, Raine sat on the bed behind.

"Would it have killed you to tell me you weren't dead?" I asked.
She sighed. "I'm sorry".
"I know". I stated, clearly annoyed. "Hi Draco".
"Hey". He said still half asleep, disinterested in our argument.
"You both are going to be late for breakfast. And it's Monday! I know dumbledore must have announcements". My eyes trailed to Raine.
"And for gods sake Raine cover your wounds". I turned and left them to their own. Obviously I had priorities, and my priority was to get to the dining hall for breakfast. Whatever Dumbledore had to say would be better than any apology I could at the current time.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Raines POV

Draco closed the door. "She'll come around". He said. I nodded slowly.
"It was my fault... I just... Priscilla..." he shut me up with a kiss. I felt him place his hand against my jawline. It kind of felt like he was trying to say he was happy I was safe and not in danger. It felt the way it felt last night. A craving. He deepened the kiss and pushed his fingers into my hair. His lips pushed more aggressively against mine. He reached his other hand around my back and gently pushed me down onto the bed, letting his body collide against my chest. I wanted more of him. I want to feel his skin. He moved to my neck leaving kisses down to my collar bone. I pushed myself up against his waist causing him to moan a little as he dug himself into me. The feeling of his hips grinding against mine was almost too much, and I only craved more.

"Fuck princess". He whispered between kisses. I reached up to kiss his neck and he basically collapsed into me. It was nice to feel the weight of his body on mine. It felt... safe. We both laid there, out of breath.

We were going to be late to breakfast.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Genevieves POV

I poured into the dining hall. Everyone was bustling around grabbing toast. Whispers of last nights events bounded across the room. Words about quidditch, Raine, Snape. I just wanted to get away from it all for a second. As I made my way to my table, I noticed a crowd of people around my usual seat.

"Genevieve! Genevieve this has your name on it. Delivered by owl". Theo said gesturing to my seat. I pushed my way through the crowd of people, stopping at what appeared to be a journal. It was plain brown, but glowed golden on the edges of the pages.

"Who is it from?" Asked another.

"I don't know". I said scooping the book up in my arms. That was a lie. Of course I knew. It's from the mystery note writer. 

I moved a few seats down, more toward the professors. I scanned the front and back of the book, and noticed a small quill sticking out of one of the pages. I picked it up. To my surprise, it was heavy, golden actually. And, it appeared to already be inked. A magic quill. The mystery note guy wanted to talk. I opened the book to the first page. One line was waiting for me, the answer to my question.

"I am nobody". The ink read. The words graced my lips, before disappearing and sinking into the pages.

Magic. Ugh. Can be so useless. I wrote.

"My name is..." I paused. Perhaps I shouldn't use my real name. "Star". I wrote. I'll be Star. The words sunk slowly into the pages. I closed the book and noticed it had stopped glowing. Perhaps it glows when there is a response.

"Hi". A voice came from beside me. It was Raine.

"Hello". I said. Refusing to look in her direction.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
Raines POV

I sat down next to Genevieve. Draco was behind me.

"Look," I said. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have stormed out on you, I overreacted".

"And?" Genevieve said crossing her arms.

"I'll never leave you out of the loop again". I said.

"And?" She said again.

"I'll tell you where I am so you don't start writing my eulogy". I stated. She laughed.

"Okay okay, apology accepted love birds". She said. "Just try not to make out around me?" I rolled my eyes.

The professors went to their seats. Dumbledore went to the podium.

"Good morning students". His voice boomed. "I'm glad to see you're all safe. The events of last night have been most unfortunate. Matilda of Ravenclaw suffered a most horrible death, and for that reason, hogwarts must ensure that no more danger comes to its students. Rules will be—"

"Mhmm". A voice cleared. I noticed a lady approaching the podium wearing bright pink. A disgusting ensemble of tweed. "Thank yoh headmaster Dumbledore, but I'm sure the Ministry of Magic would like to take over the rules part of announcements?" She turned to Dumbledore, and he gave her a slight nod.

"Hello Students, my name is Delores Umbridge. I'll be teaching your new Dark Wizardry class, and as part of the ministry, I'll be your new Hogwarts Entrustee, as appointed by the ministry". She cleared her throat. I could see dislike splashed across Genevieve's face.

"Students are to follow curfew guidelines at all times, they must travel in pairs of the same gender and same house, so mitigate danger. Classes will be dismissed by professors, students aren't to come within six feet of each other. Any students found in violation will be punished appropriately". She gave a sly smile. "Thank you Dumbledore. I'm sure we're in for a great school year". She returned to her seat.

I could feel Draco move closer to me so his chest was touching my back. He reached for my hand under the table and squeezed it tightly.

"Thank you Delores". Dumbledore said. "In lighter topic of discussion, I'm pleased to announce that Hogwarts will be hosting the Holiday Masquerade Ball this year. Students are to dress in appropriate clothing". I few gasps of excitement spread across the room.
"Thank you students, may you have a productive day". Dumbledore said returning to his seat.

I smiled at Genevieve and she smiled back. Dress shopping, though highly annoying, can be exciting when the occasion is right. I looked to Draco.

"You'll go with me?" He asked looking at me.
"Of course". I said smiling. I glanced over at Genevieve who seemed less excited and more.. distracted.

"Genevieve, why is your journal... glowing?"