Chapter Six- Consequences

*One Week Later*

Natasha pulled up a holographic map of the planet as the five of us stood around the table in the quinjet.

The Avengers compound was still currently being rebuilt so they couldn't exactly crash there.

I stumbled and placed my hands on the edge of the table to catch my balance. I could still feel my body getting used to the amount of energy I had just absorbed.

I squinted my eyes multiple times.

"You good?" Wanda asked rubbing my back.

"Yeah just nursing my quantum headache." I said pinching the bridge of my nose.

"That's not what I'm asking about." Wanda said talking about my mom.

"I know." I said to her. "I'll grieve properly later."

"If it makes you feel any better, your stepfather and step- sister have been moved to safe house, thanks to Bucky and Sam." Natasha said to me.

"Now, I'm not Tony Stark or an expert in cosmic powers. But this is what I've been able to gather." She continued.

"Why not call Thor?" Yelena asked.

"Doctor Strange?" I asked.

Natasha scowled. "They're both busy."

"What about the Squirrel?" Wanda asked. "He seemed to know a lot about space stuff."

"He is with Thor." Natasha said getting frustrated. "Anyways—"

"Captain Marvel?" I asked just poking the bear.

Natasha made a mocking face at me. "She'd just tell me I'm wrong and that she can fix it herself."

Natasha started but was cutting off by the sound of sparks and then footsteps hitting the ground outside.

A blue suit, and a giant red cloak came up the ramp.

"Oh there he is, thought you said he didn't answer?" I asked.

Doctor Strange stepped up to the map.

"You, are in big trouble." He said looking right at me.

"Yeah I know." I said to him.

"Good thing it's like cancer and we can stop it before it spreads to far." He pressed a button running a simulation. "In two thousand and eighteen. Thanos snapped. This caused the barrier between realities to weaken." He started. "Two weeks ago, Tony Stark used the same power causing the barrier to weaken more."

"Then I touched the Dimensional Sphere creating the last straw and sent serious amounts of energy destroying the barrier between the multiverse." I said to him.

"Correct, Mr. Cole." Doctor Strange spoke. "You have no idea what you're capable of, the amount of potential raw power you have spiraling inside of you and you went and messed with things you don't know anything about. You're lucky you didn't destroy the multiverse as we know."

My blood fueled but I could blow up or I'd be in bigger trouble than I already was.

Natasha gave me worrisome look.

"Kill him." The voice inside of me shrieked causing me to jump.

"Now, Godric. Is running through the multiverse with an Arsenal of weapons capable of killing millions, and on top of that he's got an infinite amount of multiversal Hydra factions backing him."

I nearly fell to the floor when Strange said that name.

"So what do we do next?" Yelena asked.

Doctor Strange looked at Bucky. "We go to Wakanda."

"With T'Challa gone the kingdom is in turmoil. We can't go there." Bucky said.

"Where else do you propose we get a genius mastermind with the ability and technology to create a self sustaining duct tape to tape the rifts of the multiverse back together." Strange asked.

I raised my eyebrows as did the others.

"Wakanda it is then." Bucky said standing there.

Strange looked at him as if waiting for something.

"Oh I'm flying, can't you just do your thing?"

"What thing?" Strange asked.

"You know, the swirly thing." Bucky mimicked Strange make a portal using his mouth to make sparking sound effects.

Strange just glared at him. "After Thanos they upped their shield security. No Sorcerers can sling ring in."

Bucky raised his hands in defense. "Okay, I'll fly. But I need to be back in America by tomorrow. I have therapy."

I rolled my eyes. "I need therapy." I said before sitting down in the chair of the quinjet.

***
Natasha watched Carter as he fell asleep with sadness written across her face, Wanda was fast asleep on his shoulder holding his hand.

Strange continued to astral project to learn more about what was going on.

Yelena sat down next to Natasha.

"You good?"

Natasha wiped away a small tear and gave a forced smile with a nod. "First his dad, Steve, and now his mom."

"He's a strong kid, not a lot can go through experimentation like that and come out on the other side." Yelena tried to raise Nat's spirits.

"You're right. If you and Bucky can do it, so he can he." Natasha said squeezing Yelena's hand. "He's going to have a lot on his shoulders in the coming days."

"Avenger stuff."

"You know, if you ever get tired of constant missions. There's a place for you." Natasha said.

Yelena nodded. "I know, I just don't know what I'd do with myself without constant fighting."

Natasha looked back at Carter. "You miss him, don't you."

Yelena's eyes were suddenly clouded with tears. "It reminds me of when I missed you in the Red Room."

Natasha hugged. "We're going to get him back, I promise."

"When Carter and I were gone, did you miss us?"

"Everyday." Natasha said turning back to Carter. "He's got no family left, what's he going to do."

Yelena squeezed her hand.

"He's got us."

"Approaching Wakanda." Bucky said as he flipped a few switches on the roof of the cockpit.

Wanda and Carter rubbed their eyes and stood up.

"You're going to want to see this." Natasha said dragging Yelena to the window.

"Approaching what? There's nothing there."

"Just wait for it." Carter said putting a hand on Yelena's shoulder.

Bucky dipped the nose of the quinjet straight into the mountainside.

"Why am I the only one worried that we're about to crash into the side of a mountain!" Yelena yelled.

Suddenly the mountain changed to a giant beautiful city with lakes and forests, building of every kind.

"Wow, this is amazing." Yelena said in awe.

Carter smiled.

"It never gets old."