Chapter Nineteen- Home Field

I laid down on the ground of Wakanda and stared at the sky.

I focused on my mind and fighting the bonds that sealed me in.

I stood up and punched the air coming into contact with a solid invisible barrier. It rippled across.

I kept doing it over and over until I got what I wanted.

"What are you doing?" Nightmare hissed.

"Getting your attention." I said to him.

"Do you know who I am boy, I am your worst Nightmare."

"Look where you're standing. You're in my house now and I banish you." I said teleporting behind him and kicking him in the back.

I knew he wouldn't be able to fight Wanda and Strange at the same time. He would grow tired, and weak.

I kept teleporting around throwing any strike I could.

Nightmare stood up. "Impossible."

"Like I said. This is my house and I'm kicking you out." I opened a rift behind him and kicked him back to the Nightmare dimension before sealing it shut.

***
Wanda and Strange both had a stream of magic, one red and one orange keeping Nightmare pinned to the ground as they sucked his life force.

"Wanda you have to do it now, he's pinned." Doctor Strange yelled. "The universe is at risk! If you don't you'll not only lose Carter, but everyone else as well!"

"No!" Wanda said to him. "We don't trade lives, we can do this! He can fight it."

"Fine, I'll do it myself." Strange said astral forming a sword.

"Stay back." Wanda threatened holding him back with a force field while still keeping Nightmare pinned to the ground. "Come on, Carter." She pleaded. "I need you, we need you."

Carter's body suddenly went limp as he rolled over onto his back.

Strange and Wanda both dropped their spells as Wanda dropped to her knees next to him.

"Carter?" She asked him.

Carters eyes flickered silver before returning to their normal blue. "Ow." He groaned.

"Oh my god." Wanda gasped hugging him before Strange helped him up.

Carter looked at Strange and Wanda. "You guys were going to kill me."

"Well, to be fair, you were on a murderous rampage while a dark entity had taken over your mind." Strange said brushing himself off.

I shrugged. "Fair point." I said as I adjusted my weapons against my suit.

"Are you okay?" Wanda asked touching my face worriedly.

I nodded. "Yeah, I think so. I feel much better, the voice in my head is gone. It's like I can think freely again." We walked towards the entrance together. "Did you know?"

Strange nodded. "I had my suspicions but I couldn't risk Nightmare figuring our plans out." Strange pulled a hand through his hair. "How did you do it anyway?"

"Well, Charles Xavier found me in a nightmarish trance and told me that he was in my head. Not to the other way around." I said to Strange. "So I just used my mind against him, I had the home field advantage."

"Your mind is very strong, Carter." Wanda said.

"She's right, the amount of concentration and power that had to have taken." Strange said. "We still have work to do, we should get out of here."

I nodded and went to open a rift but it wasn't working, I tried time and time again.

"Uh guys, I think the amount of power I used to banish nightmare. I think I zapped that ability from myself. I can't open a portal." I said defeated.

"So, we're just stuck here?" Wanda winced as she held her stomach.

I raised an eyebrow but ignored it and pondered her question.

"Wait." I said in realization. "Follow me."

"Where are we going?" Strange asked.

"There's someone I'd like you to meet."

***
"Hello?!" A young voice echoed through the hallways. "Anyone here? Can someone let me out?" The sound of a fist hitting glass followed the voice.

We followed the voice until we saw America pacing around the box. Not a single worker was in sight.

"You're alive!" America said happily. "I thought you were a goner."

I walked over the monitor on the wall and hit a couple buttons. The glass prison disappeared and she walked out onto the floor in front of Wanda.

"Thanks for believing in me." I said but she was too distracted by Wanda.

"Is she a good guy?" America whispered to me.

"Of course she is?" I said confused.

"Well in my universe she was corrupted by the Darkhold and ended up taking an entire town hostage unknowingly to cope with losing Vision and created false kids." America said. "When she finally snapped she came after me and killed you and Strange while protecting me. I panicked and opened a portal which got me arrested."

I looked at Wanda with wide eyes.

"Hey, that's not me." She defended herself.

"I mean, you did take an entire town hostage still." Strange said. "I was just able to destroy the Darkhold before it corrupted you in this universe."

"Oh, so she is kind of a good guy." America said. "You're pretty cool then."

Wanda gave a small smile. "I created a false version of you, with kids so I could cope with losing you. It was wrong and I had no idea I had that kind of power to just warp reality."

I wrapped my arm around Wanda. "It's okay, I'm back now."

"Ew, wait are you guys like together in this universe?" America asked.

I nodded. "Multiverse is wack isn't it. Can you get us out of here."

America walked to the monitors and began pulling up a map of what looked like a bunch of lines with dots.

"So, it looks like Reed and the Illuminati took it upon themselves to repair a bunch of the dimensional rifts." America said filtering the map leaving only two other dimensional rifts.

One was much larger than the rest.

"There." I said pointing to the smaller one.

"Why that one?" Strange asked.

"I just got a feeling."