Chapter Twenty One: Undead Assault

"I gotta give it to you Carter." Hank said as he fitted us with the suits the Avengers had used to time travel in twenty twenty three. "I never once thought of this."

Stark was fitting my former self into his suit, who still had yet to say a word to me directly.

Hope was on my other side of me already fitted in her Wasp outfit.

Powers were suppressed, technology apparently was not.

"Sam and Tony will drop us in, it'll be hot, so you'll have to get out of there as fast as you can." I said to the two of them. I waved my hands and pulled up a blueprint of the Capitol building.

"The Dampener is located here." My alternate self said pointing to the power room. "Carter, Hope, and I will disable the dampener as fast as we can."

"The second we do, begin the assault. Hit them hard and fast. Once the dampener is down we should have more than enough fire power to get close to Calypso and one step closer to saving the multiverse." I said to them.

"Suit up." Hope said.

***
"This will be the first time we've been apart since you came back." Wanda said to me. "Promise me you'll be safe."

"I promise, I will be okay." I said as she gave me a kiss.

"See ya on the other side." I said winking at her I shrunk down to a miniature size and climbed into Tony's iron man suit before he took off towards the Capitol building.

Tony and Sam swooped low and dropped us on the steps as the Hydra and Zombies looked into the air as they launched a barrage of Quantum energy from their weapons at the two heroes.

"Time to go." I said as Hope, Carter and I ran up the stairs and in through the doors.

We ran passed a long hallway and continued heading towards the power room.

"Holy crap." Hope said as we followed her in, to see what she was staring at.

I froze.

I felt my alternate self freeze as well as he stepped up to the glass box in front of us.

It was then we realized what was going on.

"Hydra is dampening our powers for us." Carter said turning to look at me. "She's doing it to keep her at bay. Without her powers she's trapped."

"We need to turn it off." I said reaching for the device.

"No." Hope said grabbing my wrist. "I know what she means, to the both of you. But we turn that off. It's game over."

"They're treating her as a pet." My alternate self said angrily. "She deserved to rest. Not to be turned into some weapon."

"Hope, if we don't at least try. Then we all die anyway."

Hope stepped back before nodding and turning on her comms.

"Guys, we have a problem."

"What is it, what's going on?"

"Hydra is using the power dampener to keep Zombie Wanda from destroying everything. They must've realized that she was too powerful to control."

Voices argued back and forth through the comms but they suddenly came upon a decision.

"Turn it off." Starks voice spoke.

"In about five seconds we're going to have our hands full." Hope replied.

"In about five seconds, we'll have a Hulk."

Carter and Hope looked at each other.

"Bruce is alive."

Carter instantly brought his hand up and smashed the power dampener.

The dampener drained the energy in the building as all the lights turned off.

A pair of glowing red eyes stood up in front of them.

"Wanda." Carter said longingly.

"Nope. Not Wanda. Carter! Time to go." Hope said grabbing both of our arms.

I quickly looked behind us across the hallway and through the window and vanished in a shower of silver smoke.

"Wake up, Carter." I said grabbing his shoulders. "I know what they've taken from you. But your family is laying down their lives right now. Wanda. Is. Gone."

He nodded. "I can save her."

"No. But you can save them. You have a second chance." I said to him.

His eyes flashed silver before returning to their blue color. "You're right. Let's finish this."

We teleported to where the team had already begun their assault.

The Hulk's roar was terrifying across the battlefield as Zombies were thrown through the air as War Machine and Tony picked them off.

"Sam!" Bucky yelled as he planted his foot in a zombies back and leapt into the air. "Catch!" Bucky threw his shield to Sam who caught in the air and threw it vertical slicing through multiple zombies in their path.

Arrows whizzed through the air striking their targets before the dropped to the ground.

Hydra agents began piling out the doors as the alarms went off.

"What do you want me to do?" America asked Strange as I teleported next to them.

"Stay out of the fight." Strange said. "We don't need Hydra agents and Zombies being sent to random universes."

Her face fell. "But I can help."

"Not today." Strange said as he levitated off the ground and joined the fight.

"You want to fight, kid." I said kicking a quantum blaster up into my hands. "Then use this."

America just stood there in fear. I had to remember she was just a kid.

Wanda floated down next to us.

"I see you got through to him." Wanda said gesturing as my alternate self was teleporting across the battle faster than most people could see.

"I don't know. He reminds me of someone." I said smiling at my obvious sarcasm.

"What's wrong Chavez?" Wanda asked at the fear struck girl.

"I don't know. I've never been in a fight before. I've kinda just ran away and pushed some people." She said stuttering. "None of this makes any sense."

"I'm going to tell you what my mentor told me." She said situating the gun in her hands. "I just saw my boyfriends alternate self. My alternate self as a zombie. The people who helped create me are controlling zombies. Zombies, America. None of this makes sense. But I'm going to go out there because it's my job. If you join this fight, you are an Avenger."

"Woah, woah, woah. We just letting anyone in nowadays?" I asked jokingly.

"You're ruining the moment, hun." Wanda said to me.

"Right, gotta blast." I said nodding to America and teleporting to join the fight.