A Punch In The...Nose?

CONTINUED

"...are you ok?" He sighed.

I looked around my room. My table was a mess. It was dark outside. I hadnt eaten dinner yet. Blood was on my ground, leg and hands, and my suit was on the ground.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good I guess." I said casually. "Why, if I may, do you care?" I asked.

I didn't want to sound rude, but he seemed pretty over me a few minutes ago.

I heard sighing on the ever end. "Because I'm bored. And you got me out of a meeting."

"Ew you're an adult?" I assumed.

"Ew? I'm going to assume you're a kid." He said in return.

I opened my mouth to speak, but decided not to.

"Anyway, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Wow, you must be really bored to ask a kid what they're doing." I said.

I finished bandaging my leg and cleaned up my floor.

I heard a little snicker from the other end. "You really are a kid." He repeated.

Shit, I gave that away.

"Yeah well, I bet you're a fifty year old creep." I snapped and laughed to myself.

"Ouch. And I am not a creep." He said. I could imagine him rolling his eyes.

"Where are you right now?" I asked, having an idea.

"Uh, at my work. Why?" He responded.

"Are there people near you?" I asked with a grin.

I limped towards the kitchen and put on a pot of water to boil for some mac'n'cheese

"Uh, yes? Kid, what is with these weird question-" he tried to say, but I cut him off.

"NO OLD MAN, I DONT WANT YOUR NUDES!"

I could hear gasps in the background and his speaker being covered.

After a minute of inaudible noises, he spoke again. "Shut up man! Oh my god my workers think I'm a creep now!"

I laughed to myself. "Yeah well, that's what-" I started, but noticed somthing was off.

I turned around and see the put of water over boiling and hot water sizzling everywhere. "Agh!"

"What?? Kid-" I hung up the phone and rushed to get the water all cleaned up.

●○●

30 MINUTES LATER

I sighed and flopped onto my bed, tired. But Karen spoke up. "Peter, just a reminder that you have 4 unread messages from: Ned"

"Oh, right," I sat up on my bed and my phone.

•••

NED
Hey, kid?

Hello?

I'm bored.

Ok, I'm genuinely curious, what happened?