Tony And Pepper

Peter focused on tony. He was staring at the ground and fidgeting with his hands. What was he sorry for? For making Peter leave? For not giving him any context on what he did?

Peter gave a slight smile. "Its okay." He said. "But, did I do somthing?" Peter asked.

Tony stared at Peter. He thought about it some more. Of course Peter didnt do anything, in fact it was kind of cool that Peter and tony already knew each other. Kind of.

Maybe tony should tell him, ask about his actual living situation and his family. But what if he gets scared and decided to quit? Then who would he have?

"No, of course not." Tony said. "I just, didn't feel the best." He lied. Peter sighed with relief. "That's good, I was worried." Peter smiled.

"So, want me to come to work tomorrow?" Peter asked.

"Absolutely." Tony smiled.

●●●

THE NEXT DAY, STARK TOWERS

"Thanks again for the snacks yesterday." Peter thanked. Tony was sitting at his desk, scarfing down noodles, and Peter was having his lunch break.

Tony looked up. "All good." He smiled.

Peter looked up and noticed a camera. "My aunt loved 'em." He added for more detail.

Tony paused. Knowing Peter by text, and knowing he doesnt have an auntie- anymore, meant he was lying.

But knowing peter as internship peter, and knowing he said he lived with his uncle, meant he had forgotton what he said in the interview.

"I thought you lived with your uncle?" Tony decided to ask.

Peter froze in his tracks. "My..uncle?" Peter repeated. He cringed at himself. He hadnt got much sleep, he knew the avengers were looking out for him, so he patrolled at 2:00 in the morning and didnt sleep much. At all.

"Oh, right. Yeah no I meant my other auntie. My...mums step sister. She came over to visit." Peter panicked.

Tony knew he was lying. But went with it anyway. "Sounds like a nice family reunion." He said.

Peter just silently nodded.

No one spoke after that, when nat barged in. "Tony," she said, not noticing peter in the corner. "Any news on spiderman?" She asked.

Peter looked at tony, than at nat, than tony, than nat. God if only he was invisible.

"Uh, nat-" Tony stood up and glanced at Peter.

Nat finally saw him. "Oh, hey. Hows the black eye?" She asked.

Peter awkwardly laughed. "Bruised as ever." He said.

Nat turned back to tony. "Can I talk to you later? We have an update on the case." She said to tony.

"Later?" Tony looked at Peter who was acting oblivious. "Peter will be here for a while, I dont know," he said.

Nat sighed. Peter stood up quickly. "Guys, dont worry you can talk in here, I was about to clean the lab anyway." He smiled.