13) Goodbye

Me and Ercole ran out quickly and quietly. Nobody saw us and we made our way to the ocean. We ran threw the city and past a fence.

It was dark out so nobody was really able to see us. Not many people were out. We ran to the beach together.

When we got there Ercole looked at me. "Well piccolina. This is it." He said. "Yeah. I guess so." I said. "Hey. Thank you so much for getting me out of there." I said. "Si Si. Anytime." He said with a smile.

"Now! I suggest you get in the ocean and swim home." He said. "And also. I don't think it would be a good idea to come back up here. I don't want you getting hurt." He said.

"Ok. I won't come back up." I said. "Now hurry! Go. Swim home and stay down there. Maybe this will all blow over in a few days." He said. "I sure hope so." I said back.

"Uhm. Will I ever get to see you again?" I asked. "Well. If I'm being honest. I don't think so. I have to go back to school in a few days,and I'm not sure if I'm coming back to portarosso." He said with a sad look. "So,I'll never get to see you?" I asked. "I don't think so piccolina." He said he put his hand o my cheek.

"I'm really gonna miss you Ercole." I said as I started to cry. Tears started to form in his. "I'm gonna miss you too (y/n)." He said as he hugged me tightly.

"You saved my life. Is there anything I can do to make us even?" I asked. "Well. There is one thing..." he said. "What's that?" I asked. He looked at me with his big hazel eyes. "Kiss me." He said in a tone I had never heard before.

It sent chills down my spine.

I smiled at him. "Whatever you say." I said as I pressed my lips on his. He grabbed my waist and cheek with his hands and smiled.

"ti amo" he said as he released from the kiss. "Huh?" I asked. "It means I love you." Hw said. "I love you too Ercole." I said with a smile. He smiled back.

"Now. You better get going before somebody comes." He said. "Ok. Goodbye Ercole." I said with tears running down my face. "Goodbye (y/n)." He said as he waved goodbye.

The stars twinkled in his eyes as he waved with the reflection of his tears bouncing off his face. I waved back and vanished under the water. Ercole had made the happiest I've ever been. He may seen rough on the outside,but he's really soft on the inside. I'm just glad I got to know him as my trip to the surface.

THE END

I really hope you guys enjoyed this book! I sure did have a lot of fun making it! I hope maybe I made your day when you saw that I posted a new chapter! Thank you all for the creative ideas and encouraging comments! Who knows! I might write another one in the future! Love you all! ❤️