The Yule Ball *Newly Edited*

in this one shot the yule ball takes place during sixth year, and there is no voldemort

Draco's POV

It was the day of the Yule Ball and I didn't want to go for so many reasons. I hated who I asked. I hated dancing. I especially hated Viktor Krum. He asked the girl I was going to ask to the ball. He won her fair and square. I hated to admit that, but it's true. I was imagining what would have happened if I had been the one to ask her to the ball instead until I heard a knock on my door, disrupting my fantasy. 

"Hurry up, Draco!" yelled Pansy.

So much for not going to the Yule Ball. I quickly got up and got ready. I walked out and Pansy looped her arm through mine. I saw Potter and Weasley talking in hushed whispers. I heard them say how Granger was probably in her room crying because no one asked her. Only if they knew. Assholes.

Once we got down to the Great Hall, where the Yule Ball was held, I quickly escaped from Pansy to talk to Theodore Nott. I mostly tuned out everything he talked about, but I needed an excuse to get away from Pansy. Theo suddenly stopped talking and gaped. I turned around and saw what he was gaping at. My jaw dropped when I saw Hermione Granger come into view. 

Hermione's POV

I hated how Ron and Harry thought that no one asked me to the ball. I guess they really thought I was unlikable. Some friends I have. But I was going to show them. 

Ginny lightly dusted my cheeks with a light pink blush, then stepped back to admire her work. "Hermione, you look beautiful."

I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I actually looked . . . pretty. I mean, my hair was tamed and sleek, instead of it being in its usual bush. My dress was periwinkle, and it complimented my skin fairly well. I was wearing makeup, not much, but it looked good. It made me look like a princess.

"I look . . . nice." I said.

"Ugh! You never accept any compliments." Ginny said, rolling her eyes at me. I looked at the clock on the wall and I realized I had to leave.

"I have to go, Ginny! Thanks for everything!" I said, grateful we were friends.

"Anytime! Now go get that date!" Ginny cheered.

I quickly ran down the stairs, stumbling a few times. I made it to the stairs that would lead me to the ball. Where I would make my debut as Hermione Granger: Viktor Krum's date, and not Gryffindor's know-it-all. I took a deep breath, counting to ten to calm my nerves, then took the first step. I looked up and met eyes with Draco Malfoy. His jaw was dropped and I bit my lip to hide my smile. 

Draco's POV

She looked beautiful. More than normal. I'd always thought Hermione was beautiful, but maybe more today because she was radiating confidence. 

I watched as Viktor Krum came and took her hand. She looked at me and gave me a small smile. I felt my cheeks heat up fast and I quickly looked down to hide it.

A few hours later, I was tired. Pansy had went back to the dorms. I was just sitting at one of the tables and drowning my sorrows with pumpkin juice until something caught my eye. I saw Hermione Granger storming after Weasley, yelling at him. She had tears slowly pouring down her cheeks as she stormed after him. 

I quickly got up and followed them. Weasley had already escaped her wrath, but Potter was now getting yelled at before she told him something that made him run away with Weasley. She collapsed down on the stairs sobbing. She looked up and saw Krum dancing with Lavender Brown and flirting with her.