The War

takes place a couple of minutes after the war; hermione and draco used to be "close" in a way that got them past the enemy stage. they both liked each other, but draco becoming a death eater prevented that. so, they have a past and chemistry.

Hermione walked through the rows of stretchers, dead bodies occupying every one of them. Tears slid down her cheeks, and suddenly the amount of bodies became too much.

Hermione needed air. She couldn't breathe.

"Harry, I'm going to get some air."

Harry just nodded. Hermione turned around and ran out of the castle, throwing the doors open, and sucking in huge gulps of air.

She sat down on a pile of rubble, putting her head in her knees. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't handle the smell. It was all too much.

Everything was all too much.

"Granger?" A voice said. It was all too familiar.

Hermione lifted her head. "Malfoy."

"What are you doing out here? The party's inside, if you didn't know." Malfoy said.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Did you know everyone's "partying" with a bunch of rotting dead bodies?"

Malfoy looked down. "I know. I don't get it either."

"I came to get some air. Well, air that isn't filled with the smell of the people I love rotting. Sorry. I wouldn't normally act this way after a war ended."

"No, I could care less. It's not like I have any friends to celebrate with. My parents tried to run, but I ran back here."

"Why?"

"The Ministry would find me, no matter what. I might as well enjoy myself while I can. Pretty soon, I'll be rotting with the dementors."

"Draco, you saved us." Hermione said.

Draco snorted. "I didn't save you. I merely did you a favor."

"A favor that saved us."

"Don't give me too much credit, Granger."

"You're not going to Azkaban. I won't let them take you. I'll drag you to a safe house if I have to."

"Why the sudden burst to care for me, Granger?"

"Because no one else will." Hermione replied.

Draco was silent. He knew she was right. It hurt, but she was right. Like always.

"Draco, I never stopped caring about you. That mark didn't change the way I saw or felt about you."

"Granger, don't start confessing your feelings now. You wouldn't believe half the things I did-"

"Don't do that." Hermione stood up. "Just don't. Don't go ruining something good you have. Guess what, Draco? I'm not afraid of you. I'm not afraid of who you are or what you've done. Because I don't care. Stop pushing people away. Because guess what? It doesn't work for me. You're not pushing me away. I'm staying here. With you. And I'm not leaving."

"Granger, I know you aren't afraid of me. You made that very clear in third year. But us? It's not going to work."

"So the fucking what?! Who cares if it doesn't work out? Who cares if we break each other's hearts? Why not just bask in the pleasure while we can?"

"Since when were you not with reality, bookworm?" Draco drawled.

"Since I fell in love with you." Hermione said, grabbed the collar of Draco's suit, and pulled his lips to hers.

"You see," Draco said against her lips. "When you made the decision to kiss me, you didn't consider the consequences, did you?"

"And what might those be?" Hermione asked against his lips.

"I'd never be able to stop kissing you. No matter how many times you rip my heart of my chest, and stomp on it, I'll never be able to stop."

"Good, because I feel the same." Hermione said, smirking.

Draco replied by kissing her harder.

<19 years later>

"Draco, you spent so much time on your hair that you're going to make Scorpius late for his first time at Hogwarts!" Hermione raved.

"I didn't spend that long-" Draco started to say.

"You spent an hour! My hair's messier than yours and I spent ten minutes on mine!" Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but are you guys arguing about your hair?" Scorpius Malfoy intervened.

"Yes, because your mom is crazy." Draco stated.

"I'm crazy because I married you!" Hermione retorted.

"You decided to say I do. The priest even offered for you to say no." Draco chuckled. Hermione shot him a deadly glare.

"You guys argue like an old, married couple." Scorpius noticed.

"We do plan on growing old together." Draco said with a smile.

"Ginny!" Hermione yelled, running to hug her best friend.

"She left you for her best friend. How does that feel, dad?" Scorpius smirked.

Draco ruffled his hair. "Go say hi to Uncle Harry."

The pairs exchanged hellos and greetings.

"Where's Ron?" Hermione asked

"I don't know. But he's always late. No shocker that he's late now."

"I heard that." Ron said from behind Ginny, holding hands with his wife, Astoria Greengrass.

"Astoria!" Hermione exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Hermione! It's so good to see you!" She said, hugging her back.

"Mum! Dad! The train's leaving!" Albus Potter yelled.

Ginny ran to her son to give him one last hug, and one last peck on the cheek. "Send us a letter everyday!"

"Mum!"

"Every other day!"

"No!" Albus groaned.

"It's settled. Once a week." Harry said with a smile, kissing his son's forehead. James had already taken off into the train.

Scorpius threw his arms around Hermione and Draco one last time before running after Albus to hop onto the Hogwarts Express.

"Ugh, I'm so worried," Ginny said.

"Ginny, you have another son who's already at Hogwarts. What could you possibly be worried about?" Draco asked.

"My son sent us a whole Hogwarts Christmas tree. There's much to worry about." Ginny said, waving as the train started to move.

"Yeah, thanks to Fred and George." Ron said, wrapping an arm around Astoria's waist.

Hermione laughed, and ran with the train just like Lily Luna Potter was doing. She took her hand, and together they ran after the train, waving. Scorpius waved right back.

Hermione picked Lily up, spinning her around, and walked back over to the Potters, Weasleys, and her husband.

Lily ran up to her mum, holding a heart shaped leaf. Hermione wrapped her arms around Draco's neck.

"I can't wait to grow old with you." Hermione said.

"Me neither." Draco kissed her forehead.

"Ew, you guys are thirty-six years old and still act like that." Ron groaned

"It's called love, Uncle Ron." Lily said.

Hermione smiled at her. "Right you are, Lily."