Second Thoughts

Falling in love with Draco Malfoy is easy. As easy as breathing. You don't know you're falling for him until it's too late. And Hermione realized too late. Too late as in she's literally standing at the altar with another man that isn't Draco Malfoy.

"Hermione!" Ron called, standing in front of her at the altar. 

Hermione snapped out of her daydream and looked around. Everyone was staring at her. She couldn't do this. She couldn't bear the thought of being with the wrong person, the one she thought of as a brother. 

She looked at Harry, and a silent conversation passed through them. He nodded. 

Hermione looked at Ron. "Ron, I'm sorry. I can't do this. You've been an amazing boyfriend, and you've done nothing wrong. As cliche as it is to say this, I have to. It's me, not you. I wish you the best." With that, Hermione turned and walked down the aisle. 

***

Hermione knocked on the door, hoping Draco would answer. She was standing on his front door with a wedding dress on. Not exactly ideal. 

Draco opened the door. "Hermione? What are you doing here? And standing in a...wedding dress?" 

Hermione took a breath. "Um, well...I just left. I didn't marry Ron." 

Draco leaned against the frame. "Why? I thought you guys were, like, soulmates?" 

Hermione shook her head. "Definitely not."

"Alright, so why are you here? Sorry, I wasn't at the wedding. Couldn't bear seeing you get married, if I'm being honest." 

"Why not?" 

"Granger, isn't it obvious? I'm in love with you! Was my shameless flirting a little too subtle for you?" 

Hermione shrugged. "I guess so. Maybe you shouldn't be too subtle, and kiss me."

Draco wrapped his arms around Hermione's waist and pulled her into his chest. "What a brilliant idea, Granger." 

And he kissed her. 

At first, it was soft and gentle. Then, when Hermione couldn't help herself but run her hands through Draco's hair, it turned passionate and heated. 

Hermione pulled away, looked into his blue-grey eyes, and kissed him again, never wanting to let him go. 

"As much as I enjoy finally kissing you, I am quite curious about how you left Weaselbee at the altar." Draco said. 

"I can always count on you to ruin the moment." Hermione rolled her eyes.

Draco let out a low chuckle. "Honestly, when you showed up on my doorstep I thought you were coming to drag me to a front row seat at your wedding." 

"I was curious why you weren't there, but I guess your subtle flirting suddenly became unsubtle." Hermione said, raising to her tip toes to kiss his nose. 

"It gives me an ounce of pleasure knowing I stole something of Weasley's." 

"It gives you way more than an ounce." Hermione mumbled. 

Draco chuckled. "Would you like to stay for dinner?" 

"Would you like to stay forever?" Blaise Zabini calls from the couch. 

"I told you to shut up!" Draco said. 

Blaise cackled. "Just couldn't help myself." 

Hermione shrugged. "Well, I wouldn't mind staying forever neither."

Draco lowered his lips to hers once more.