Forget You?

Draco Malfoy choked back a sob as he walked out the castle doors.

He just had said goodbye to the one thing he loved more than anything in his life. More than he loved his life itself. He wouldn't be alive if it weren't for her. And he left her.

Said goodbye to her like it was nothing.

Hermione Granger.

That was her name. She loved him. Even after all the nasty things he said to her. After everything they been through as enemies, she still chose him at the end of the day.

He was never going to be able to forget those nights when she cuddled close to his chest, them both tangled in an embrace, not knowing what lie ahead of their lives and futures.

And now she was gone.

Perhaps forever.

19 years later...

Draco Malfoy walked onto the platform. He breathed in the smoke coming from the Hogwarts Express. He smiled as he watched kids run by and onto the train, excited for their first or next fun filled year at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

Draco remembered his firsts at Hogwarts. The first time he rode a broom, his first real friends, his first education, not to mention his first real crush. Draco sighed as he turned around, looking for the girl. 

He caught a glimpse of a girl with bushy brown hair, and he knew it was her. He watched as she hugged a girl with red hair. That's when Draco's heart fell. That must be Hermione's child.

But then he seen the red haired girl run over to Ginny Weasley and Harry Potter. He noticed the girl's striking green eyes, an exact copy of Harry Potter's. Draco held back a sigh of relief. 

That girl wasn't her kid. But that didn't mean she wasn't married or dating.

Hermione leaned against a brick wall, smiling away. Harry Potter walked over to her and nudged her shoulder. She leaned into him as he whispered something in her ear. Hermione became more alert and fixed her head over in Draco's direction. She looked shocked for a moment. Hermione looked at Harry, but all Harry did was smile and nod as Hermione started to walk over to him.

Draco's breath and heartbeat quickened as Hermione walked closer and closer. Before he knew it, she was standing right in front of him.

"Hello," Hermione breathed.

"Hi," he breathed back.

"How've you been?" Hermione asked him.

"I've been...alright, I guess." He said plainly. "What about you?"

She smiled. "Always so considerate, aren't we?" 

"Of course," Draco said and gave her a crooked smile.

She cocked her head at him. "I didn't realize how much I would miss that smile," she said.

"You don't know how much I've missed you," Draco told her. "I know you probably don't miss me. You probably have a husband and kids."

Hermione burst out laughing. "I wish! I haven't found the right man yet. I've been kind of hung up on this guy I used to know back in school who broke my heart."

Draco's face turned grim. "I am forever sorry for doing that to you--"

Hermione laughed. "I'm joking. Though you did break my heart. It was a rough year, Ginny would know. But I did miss you, Draco."

"I thought when I left you would go for Weasley."

Hermione smiled at him again. "You don't know me as well as you think. I never went to him. Ron found love with someone unexpected," she pointed to a guy with his arm slung around Ron's shoulder.

Draco's jaw dropped as he realized who that boy was. Blaise Zabini. The guy who stood by Draco in the Room of Requirement. Ron saved him. And now look at them.

"I didn't even know. Well, I'm happy for them. They both deserve a happy ending," Draco said, his face shining with happiness of his gay friend.

"I know. When I found out, I was so happy! Ron needed somebody." She said, flashing him a brilliant smile.

"I thought once I left you, you would've forgotten about me," he said.

Hermione stepped closer to him and put her hand on his cheek. "Forget you? Never."

Draco leaned in and kissed her. It felt like a thousand fireworks were going off in his stomach. He felt Hermione kiss back. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him and never wanting to let her go again.