Chapter 5 - The Entrance Exam

Written By: Evo

~~~~~

During the next ten months, the two of them went through hell and back with their training. Which was intentional on their part. But it was a lot. Ochaco went through tons of training with her quirk. Now able to carry about 3 tons at once for about a minute before she throws up.

Both of them in general had a lot of progress. The two of them fought with All Might a lot. While yes he was definitely holding back, they were doing good with it. They had done so well that even All Might was impressed with their progress. Even without a quirk the both of them together could take on a lot of fighters.

Soon enough they had a plan for the entrance exam. Ochaco had talked about how there was a rumor about how the entrance exam uses robots, and how they could easily fight a couple robots.

They began to formulate a plan. They also thought of a plan that involved going as soon as possible. Since there's no 'go' in hero work. All Might was watching the two plans all the time. And they were impressive as all hell.

Once the two started to train with support gear and their quirk. He knew they could do this. The two already had a great understanding of martial arts, and combine that with Ochaco's quirk and Izuku's great analysis skills, they would make a good duo, even without One for All. And with it, he can only imagine.

The two of them were clearing trash like it was nothing. And with their martial arts training they were strong. And they learned techniques to only get better. They began using wire as a mimic of Eraserhead's capture scarf, which with the help of All Might giving tips (Which he wouldn't tell but were actually tips he got from eraserhead when he went to meet the staff) they were already good at.

Soon enough they cleared the beach of trash, and had gotten good with a staff and a version of the staff that was essentially two halves of the staff separated, which proved very helpful when they could quickly move from having a long staff to two very close range sticks.

With that the wire combos they had formulated. They already had a good grip on some ultimate moves, and were soon done with the trash and the martial arts training, with their hero outfits drawn up with everything they would need for support gear.

Soon enough the day of the entrance exam came. Ochaco told Izuku he would meet him at the exam, and so once Izuku got One for All and his instructions they met up, ready for the entrance exam.

They were walking up to the school. Impressed by its size. Before a certain Bakugo quickly pushed them away. "Get out of my way, Deku and Round Face!" Bakugo and Ochaco had a few run-ins with each other whenever she visited. But generally they hadn't talked much.

"Does he have to be so rude..." Ochaco said with a pout.

"That's just Kacchan for you." Izuku said as he got readjusted.

"Well we can't let him stop us!" Ochaco said with a smile. Izuku blushed a little as they nodded and ran to the written exam quickly.

They had done a bit of studying. Just mostly to use in analysis but it had come in handy here, as both of them were able to pass the exam with ease. And soon they went to the auditorium.

"Woah! It's the voice hero: Present Mic!" Izuku exclaimed.

"Righto little listener! It's time for the practical exam for UA!" Present mic went off, explaining the exam, while Iida did flame them for it, they answered his calls, which was fun. And soon they were ready for the practical entrance exam.

Ochaco and Izuku luckily were sent into the same arena. As the doors open. The two ran in. Everyone was confused. Up until present mic yelled out, "THERE IS NO COUNTDOWN IN HERO WORK! GOGOGO!" And everyone ran along. In the about 20 seconds they had extra, they were able to take down a three pointer with Ochaco's quirk. And quickly got 2 long metal poles out of it to act as their weapons.

In the staff room everyone was focusing on different things. A certain raven-haired hero was staring at grounds B. Where a seemingly quirkless examinee and what seemed to be a friend of his worked together to defeat a three pointer, before splitting up quickly. He liked the enginuity.

"If those two make it in. I want them." Aizawa said out of the blue.

"Of course Aizawa. If you like someone then I can almost guarantee they'll get in and into your class." Nezu responded. Still watching everyone go.

"Hmph." Aizawa responded simply.

Back at the entrance exam, Izuku was running around slamming into the weak points of all the robots, destroying them instantly. He was waiting for the perfect time to use One for All. Since he could assume it would have some bad backlash at the moment.

Ochaco herself was doing basically the same. She did use her quirk more, but still was doing quite well without it. Both had around 50 points, not to mention they both had plenty of rescue points from saving people. But suddenly, an earthquake started, or is that just the 0 pointer?

Well it was. Ochaco knew she probably had to get trapped. But how- she suddenly tripped. And fell down, some rubble falling onto her too. She was trapped. And instantly. She saw Izuku looking at her. "Izuku! Help me!" She called out. And very quickly he ran at her. Suddenly he jumped up, and quickly threw the punch at the 0 pointer. The punch was strong. And he fell down. And just as in canon. Ochaco quickly stopped him at the end.

'Oh god this is shi-' She thought as she suddenly threw up all around as she released Izuku to the ground. And then passed out.

They didn't know it yet. But they had passed. Both had over 100 points with their rescue points combined with their villain points. They had gone plus ultra!