Chapter 6 - First Day

Written By: Wolf

~~~~~

"I can't believe you got first place!"

"Well, you weren't that far behind."

Mason felt warmed at the compliment.

At least things were somewhat back on track.

"Thanks, I suppose." Uraraka said with a smile.

Midoriya smiled back, and then yawned. "That made me exhausted. What about you?"

"Tired." She responded.

"Maybe we should go home-" He stopped talking and stared at something past Mason's shoulder. When she turned to look, he saw Katsuki Bakugou.

"Oh great." Mason mumbled under his breath.

Bakugou stomped past her, pushing him aside as if he was a dirty napkin.

"How did you get first place, Deku?" He growled.

"I- um- whatever do you mean?" Midoriya squeaked.

"You got first place, and I know that pink cheeks over here helped you somehow."

"Rude." Uraraka stomped her foot down.

"Shut up." Bakugou responded.

Midoriya tried backing away, but Bakugou held him in place.

"I didn't do anything, Kacchan!" He squirmed, trying to escape the clutches of Katsuki, which didn't work.

"Right. As if a quirkless, useless person like you could end up getting first place on their own."

Mason bit back a retort, silently hoping that Midoriya would stand up to his bully.

After what seemed like a while of Izuku trying to convince Bakugou that he didn't do anything special, the latter started physically abusing him.

Bakugou activated his quirk, sparks flying off his hand in an attempt to get Midoriya to speak, and Mason had just about had enough.

"Alright, that's it. Cut the cameras." Uraraka said.

"Huh?" Both Midoriya and Bakugou looked at him confused.

"Figure of speech." She said quickly. "Bakugou, let him go."

"Like your weak ass is gonna do anything." He scoffed.

Mason tried his hardest to not smirk. "I wouldn't underestimate me much based on how I look. I got second place, in case you missed that. Now, let him go."

Bakugou pondered over it for a moment, and then let Deku go, and the small boy fell to his knees.

Uraraka knelt down next to him, asking, "are you okay?"

"I'm f-fine." He stammered.

"We should go home. You and I probably need rest."

Mason helped his friend up, and they left the area.

Uraraka stared at himself in the mirror.

Judging how he looked in the school uniform, it caused him slight dysphoria, which he tried his best to shake off.

Mason walked away from the mirror and grabbed the basic necessities for what she'd need for school.

After gathering everything, and shoving her phone in her pocket, he set out for school.

The walk seemed endless, and Midoriya had left early, so Uraraka had to walk by herself.

Eventually, though, he reached the grounds, and his classroom.

Mason drew in a sharp breath as she noticed that Bakugou was in the class, and that Deku was sitting behind him, doing stuff in his notebook.

She walked over to Midoriya and said, "hey. You left early. But I'm glad to see you made it in one piece."

"Yeah, me too." He mumbled.

Uraraka took a seat away from him, to try and not "distract" herself. He decided it would be better for both of them.

Aizawa came in the class, giving his usual speech about how the orientation was stupid, and then they headed outside for an activity.

Mason changed outfits, and then went outside.

Aizawa went through the usual talk about the ball throwing practice, and Kirishima commented about how it seemed fun.

"This should be easy." Midoriya whispered to Uraraka. "Judging based on their quirks, I should be able to beat Mineta and Hagakure."

"I'd say that sounds accurate, yeah." Uraraka commented.

After a few people went, Mason went next.

To keep things as on track as possible, he purposefully activated his quirk, and threw the ball.

Just like from his memories of the show, the ball flew up, up, and didn't come back.

Mason chuckled inwardly about all the jokes that the fandom had about the ball being stuck in space.

Quickly, she returned to her spot and waited as more people went.

And then, it was Midoriya's turn.

Just as Mason remembered, Aizawa stopped him on the first count, and then let him use his quirk for the second try.

The rest of the practice and most of the day went past in the blink of an eye, and before Uraraka knew it, it was lunchtime.

Mason sat down at a table next to Deku. Also at the table were Kirishima and Ashido.

"Oh, hey, Uraraka." Kirishima acknowledged her before turning back to Mina.

"How was our last class for you?" Midoriya asked.

"It wasn't too hard, nothing I couldn't handle." Uraraka responded.

And then, Ashido spoke up.

"Hey, I was wondering, Uraraka." She began, "are you and Midoriya together?"

Mason almost choked. "What?" He asked hoarsely.

"Are you and Midoriya together?" She repeated.

"What gave you that idea?" Midoriya asked, his face clearly red.

"Well, you're always around one another."

"No, no. We aren't together. We're just friends." Mason responded.

"If you say so." Mina then stood up and scampered away to another table.